Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default The Go Fishing Show and Fish O'Mania 2009

This is a dedicated thread for discussing article: The Go Fishing Show and Fish O'Mania 2009

It's a shame it's so far away - an 8 hour round trip makes it just too far. But at least much of the rip-off of the NEC has gone.

I enjoyed the video which was very high quality and the way to go for web content.

Watched the event on Sky, superb coverage, interviews whilst contestants were fishing because of 'hook-ups', to me, made it all the more enjoyable. Also friday evenings Tight Lines, on which Matt Hall was delighted to be fishing peg 16 an unfancied peg. Also pegs 14-15-16 providing the top three weights.
    As mentioned, the Barbel DID look in tip top condition. Re the venue, a circular pond with an island in the middle just does'nt do it for me, it just looked wrong.

I watched it on sky also ,fell asleep here and there but overall it was good
    like your vid Graham nice to see behind the scenes
    two wrongs dont make a right but three rights make a left !

Quote Originally Posted by Merv Harrison View Post
    a circular pond with an island in the middle just does'nt do it for me, it just looked wrong.
    Yep, me neither. It's 'that sort of fishery' that's done for angling what Macdonalds did for 'eating out'.

In my minds eye I see fish swimming round in a cirlce like the rubber ducks at the hook-a-duck stall at the fair ground.

ROLL UP ROLL UP.....
    PaSC Junior Development Officer ><((((°>

Blog Entries

I agree about the circular pool, but you have to admit it's spot-on for the event, the cameras can zoom in for a front view on any of the contestants.

Try to look at it from a match angler's/TV viewer's aspect and consider that match anglers, pleasure (casual) anglers, and non-anglers, are the target audience.

Good coverage Graham - think linking the Go Fishing Show with a fishing venue and event made sound "commercial" sense - sorry about the pun.

Whilst these sort of venues are not generally my cup of tea; there are commericals which have made even the doughnut an attractive venue. Monk Hall Farm in Shropshire is a prime example of how a commercial venue can become "naturalised" by excellent management.

Learned how to use my Heavy Metal from watching Uncle Dave rolling his bogies. However what was Nurse Cratchitt letting the two of you out .....rather a heavy responsibility for young Callum. And dressing Uncle Dave in light fawn slacks....tempting fate there!

Excellent piece Graham

Poshers
    Last edited by Poshpaul (Angling Trust and PaSC); 22-07-2009 at 09:38. Reason: Grammar
    He is every other inch a gentleman.

I watched it on T.V. too but I thought it was the slowest and least enjoyable one yet. I found the ones in Doncaster had a better atmosphere and there seemed to be more anglers catching in different areas. It was also strange that barbel were the main species caught over the head of carp.... and it was chopped worm and caster that held them in Matt's swim.

Blog Entries

The barbel were in superb nick.

Yeah Graham, and they had packed in a lot of growing on since the last FishO, Tommy Pickering mentioned his surprise at how they'd grown on.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast