Free Gift with this Week's Angler's Mail

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
I hope it's better than the usual cr@p,red line,little boxes that the clip on the lid breaks off,and why do they always sellotape it to the front page,it ends up ripped to shreds.

rant over.....

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Good advice Paul,thanks.I got my mail today and removed the free bait stops without too much shredding.These will be handy as I invariably forget them and end up using grass stems.
I also got the A.T. FREE TOWEL!! call that a towel,my hanky is bigger than that..and it ripped the bl@@dy paper:eek:

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
I hope it's better than the usual cr@p,red line,little boxes that the clip on the lid breaks off,and why do they always sellotape it to the front page,it ends up ripped to shreds.

rant over.....

I agree Peter, it always seem to be the same old same old. Now I realize that they are freebeeies and have to be small enough to sellotape it to the front of the magazine but maybe they should come up with something else, for example a sample of a new hook or line that's come on the market to promote it.

sagalout

Reaction score
Thats right, these free gifts just ain't worth the money:D

Last edited:

Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Thanks Peter,but ones enough to wipe my rod down:rolleyes:

The thing is, I think the AT is back as it used to be, with a good spread for all angling interests.
I just wonder who their marketing guys think they're kidding!!!!:j

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
Anyone got last weeks anglers mail ??? I was particulary intrested in the sea fishing with coarse tackle article.
I will gladly pay for the mag and postage etc.... if someone can send me it.

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
Can anyone remember a free gift from the mags that they actually used and thought was usefull etc....???

I remember getting a spud gun from the front cover of the beano i think it was,back in the 70`s....that was usefull !!!

Last edited:

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Can anyone remember a free gift from the mags that they actually used and thought was usefull etc....???

I remember getting a spud gun from the front cover of the beano i think it was,back in the 70`s....that was usefull !!!

Yes, the Mail gave away some small tackle boxes a couple of years ago, open them apart and then there's smaller divides inside each with a cover. Very useful and I use mine an awful lot. If I remember, I bought a couple of copies so I could get two boxes, cheaper than buying the boxes and they were good quality too.

From comics, I remember the "whizz-bang" on the first copy of the Topper, a card folded in half diagonally with a further half of brown paper glued into it. That would be a handy gift for anglers to scare the Canada geese away. Not RS*CA PC though is it?

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
Poundland do cheap hand wiping towels, they are the micro-fibre ones for cleaning the inside of your car. Stuff sticks to them like "Sh*t .............to a towel really".

Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I haven't said it before Woody, but your tag line is really good.
I like it a lot and it's very apt at this time for many I'm sure.

I still use one of those little bit boxes, one year later I got one and the lid fell off.