Angling Trust £1,000 Prize Draw for New Members

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
In recent forum threads, a lot of you members out there wanted to know just what Fishingmagic and the angling trade are doing to support the Angling Trust.

I hope that this new prize draw scheme, initiated by Fishingmagic and Fish & Fly and backed by the very generous Diawa tackle company, will answer some of your questions.

(PS. and that makes five press releases from AT in less than two months.)

Old Nick

Reaction score
Hats off to Daiwa for their support! :D

But why was this initiated by FM and Fly and Fishing instead of AT?:confused:

preston96

Reaction score
In recent forum threads, a lot of you members out there wanted to know just what Fishingmagic and the angling trade are doing to support the Angling Trust.

I hope that this new prize draw scheme, initiated by Fishingmagic and Fish & Fly and backed by the very generous Diawa tackle company, will answer some of your questions.

It is a superb offer Graham/Woody......but could you please put a link to this thread on the other related threads.....they are attracting lots of interest....heavy debate does, but this may not.

I have to join now......the closing date is my birthday! :w

---------- Post added at 19:07 ---------- Previous post was at 19:06 ----------

Hats off to Daiwa for their support!

But why was this initiated by FM and Fly and Fishing instead of AT?

Because they care...simple.

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
But why was this initiated by FM and Fly and Fishing instead of AT?:confused:

Doesn't matter, it's done now, but let's wind the story back a little.

AT released a PR saying that it was in trouble and needed more members. You lot started voicing your opinions, good and bad, and AT must have got a message that they must do something, but what?

Enter FM (not me for sure and I'm pretty certain not Graham either - we are part of a business don't forget), who contacted AT and Daiwa and brokered an agreement. Now, a little bird tells me it was our site owner, Richard and others. So I believe it's him and the rest of the staff at FM and F&F and AT you have to thank. Not forgetting Daiwa's generosity of course.

Whatever, we (the editors certainly and Richard) will give this initiative all the support we can over the coming weeks and wish AT all the very best of luck in overcoming a lot of their current difficulties.

Old Nick

Reaction score
Doesn't matter, it's done now, but let's wind the story back a little.

AT released a PR saying that it was in trouble and needed more members. You lot started voicing your opinions, good and bad, and AT must have got a message that they must do something, but what?

Enter FM (not me for sure and I'm pretty certain not Graham either - we are part of a business don't forget), who contacted AT and Daiwa and brokered an agreement. Now, a little bird tells me it was our site owner, Richard and others. So I believe it's him and the rest of the staff at FM and F&F and AT you have to thank. Not forgetting Daiwa's generosity of course.

Whatever, we (the editors certainly and Richard) will give this initiative all the support we can over the coming weeks and wish AT all the very best of luck in overcoming a lot of their current difficulties.

Thanks for the honest reply Woody, I think this is an excellent initiative which I fully support (even though I missed out on the offer by a week!) I also think it good that FM / F&F are in a position to negotiate a win win for all parties like this, maybe some of your guys could offer some mentoring support to AT?;)

Morespiders

Reaction score
P--is me off this, shouldn't need to do it in the first place 90% of anglers take and give nothing back, leaving it to the 10%, If your not in it you should be ashamed, It's £20 for god sake.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score

Yes, shame the AT couldn't come up with it for themself.

And Stop Shouting

904_cannon

Reaction score
Durham City, Co Durham ... STILL The Land of The P
Not wishing to appear negative but just what percentage of the angling (rod license holding) public read this web site? If they dont by a R/L they sure as hell wont be joining the AT anyway :rolleyes:

I agree with Morespiders this really should not be happening at all.

And Ray, big lettering is not shouting, (that's for the poorly sighted) THIS IS SHOUTING :)

preston96

Reaction score
Not wishing to appear negative but just what percentage of the angling (rod license holding) public read this web site? If they dont by a R/L they sure as hell wont be joining the AT anyway :rolleyes:

I agree with Morespiders this really should not be happening at all.

And Ray, big lettering is not shouting, (that's for the poorly sighted) THIS IS SHOUTING :)

John, i know what you are saying with regard to how many of the licence paying anglers read this, but hopefully by making comments on here enough will start to take note.

It's easy to see how many writers of the various angling publications lurk on here for ideas....i have seen the articles that appear elsewhere to often for it to be coincidence.....and the timing is always just right for publication!

There are enough anglers with the chance to spread this idea visit this site, so yes, debate on here could lead to substanstial new joiners.

My own gripe, as i mention elsewhere is the name....every time i see "AT" i think of Angling Times........i feel sticking to ACA would have been far better.