Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Anglers’ Dismay over Cyanide Fish Kill on River Trent

This is a dedicated thread for discussing article: Anglers’ Dismay over Cyanide Fish Kill on River Trent

If you're an FM member, and haven't joined the Angling Trust, this should ensure you do as soon as possible.

Given the coverage on radio 4 and the BBC Website I assume this is a mega-fish kill with real public health issues.

quote from the BBC Website;

"Alan Walters, from the Environment Agency, told BBC News the incident had had "a huge impact""
    Last edited by Poshpaul (Angling Trust and PaSC); 07-10-2009 at 10:18.
    He is every other inch a gentleman.

well Im sorry but AT or not this should still be against the law to protect walkers,dog walkers ,boat users ,sea life etc etc not just anglers
    two wrongs dont make a right but three rights make a left !

That's right Cakey. How is the early morning dog walker who hasn't read about this in the news supposed to know?

It's not just about catching fish. It's the environment WE ALL LIVE IN!

Penalties should be far greater.
    PaSC Junior Development Officer ><((((°>

Quite agree Cakey......whilst I appreciate this is predominantly a "civil matter" I assume the police are involved as it suggests to me a criminal negligence in terms of public and environmental safety.

Make the polluter pay...and in this case make the ****** pay big style - for all the damages, the cost of the public services in ensuring the safety of the public and a thwacking great fine as well.

The report on radio 5 this morning intimated it was in the Stoke area that this pollution occured without actually naming the place, does anyone know the scene of this latest kill?

I have fished many areas of the Trent but never any further up than Alrewas so I don't know the river any further up and I wasn't aware that it was a popular or prolific fishery.
    Last edited by Graham Whatmore; 07-10-2009 at 11:16.

Blog Entries

I can't find out anything locally yet, there seems to be a blanket over any news, or they just don't know the source yet. It's worrying enough for all anglers, but it's a bloody nightmare for upper Trent and Dove anglers.

Sky News say:

"A Severn Trent spokesman told Sky News that he believed someone disposed of the cyanide in the sewage system and it then entered the local sewage treatment plant.

The Environment Agency is warning people to keep themselves and their pets away from the river between Stoke on Trent and Yoxall while the investigation is under way."

Possible terrorist attack?????
    PaSC Junior Development Officer ><((((°>

Graham...how threatened is the Dove? Is it likely to move up there?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cholmondeley-Corker (PaSC) View Post
    Possible terrorist attack?????
    P*ta???

Join the Angling Trust, let's have a full representative body with which to confront the new government with next year.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast