Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Stealth Bombers and Smart Hooks revisited.

This is a dedicated thread for discussing article: Stealth Bombers and Smart Hooks revisited.

Absolutely fascinating article geoff - well done, really well done. It's so good I want to read it a few more times before making any other comment...!

What I really like about it is the way that it provides some kind of answer for two or three questions at the same time.

An alien with no ears that is stone deaf ...........................

All very Hyperthetical (is that the right word) ?

Blog Entries

no more hypothetical than a lot of the stuff we all talk about on forums....

Anyone remember Mike Wilson using chandelier crystals instead of leads, so as to negate any chance of an electric field between the lead and the hook?
    You're born, you take sh*t. You get out in the world, you take more sh*t. You climb a little higher, you take less sh*t. Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what sh*t even looks like. It's just a shame I'm still on the first rung!

Quote Originally Posted by Frothey View Post
    no more hypothetical than a lot of the stuff we all talk about on forums....
    I didn't say it was, i just pointed out it was hypothetical.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stealph Viper View Post
    I didn't say it was, i just pointed out it was hypothetical.
    i don't think there are too many people that thought the alien analogy wasn't! and those that those that thought it was true haven't read it yet as the X-Files is on
    You're born, you take sh*t. You get out in the world, you take more sh*t. You climb a little higher, you take less sh*t. Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what sh*t even looks like. It's just a shame I'm still on the first rung!

I was pointing out the irony in a Alien with No Ears was Stone Death.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealph Viper View Post
    i just pointed out it was hypothetical.
    All theories start as hypothetical. It's the scientific method. Many of the most useful theories have been shown to link different areas of knowledge together. If you think about it, a theory which plausibly answers several questions at once is far more likely to be correct.

The problem with scientific theories is, that they are just theories until proven to be correct, and even then there will be other scientists who disagree with those theories and will set out to prove they are right, and it goes on and on and on.

Unless you are a fish you will never truly know how a fish feels, smells, tastes etc etc you can only summise.

That is why i said, Hypothetical, not that i didn't enjoy the story.

A scientist can get an understnading of how a fish smells, tastes, hears etc by studying cell interaction at a microscopic level. Something you or I will not see and possibly not comprehend.
    PaSC Junior Development Officer ><((((°>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast