Government Fails to Ease Passage of Fish

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
It's called passing the buck.

The current government, most probably won't be in power in 2011, so they can now pass the responsibility over to what will be the new Government, hense washing their filthy smeared hands of any responsibility.

It's another example of a weak minded dithering spineless jellyfish leadership.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
It's called passing the buck.

The current government, most probably won't be in power in 2011, so they can now pass the responsibility over to what will be the new Government, hense washing their filthy smeared hands of any responsibility.

It's another example of a weak minded dithering spineless jellyfish leadership.

I don't think that there is much "probably" about it personally.

If you follow some of the actions of this government then you will see that an awful lot of legislation has been 'postponed' until after the late date of the next election, and yet this reaks of another Government 'class warfare' decision just like the Fox Hunting Bill.

It is nice though to see the Angling Trust taking a firm and timely statement on this topic.

dezza

Reaction score

If you follow some of the actions of this government then you will see that an awful lot of legislation has been 'postponed' until after the late date of the next election, and yet this reaks of another Government 'class warfare' decision just like the Fox Hunting Bill.

It is nice though to see the Angling Trust taking a firm and timely statement on this topic.

Brown and all his Labourite gobshites will be trying their best to feather their nests for when they all get kicked out of office next year.

They couldn't care a toss about the ordinary person. Evidence of this is when Brown didn't bow at the cenotaph on Sunday. By God that assole makes me angry!!

:mad:

klik2change

Reaction score
I suggest nobody hold their breath waiting for the next government to do anything either. If it costs money it wont happen - simple as that. Tory spending cuts remember Ron? And will they spend any more money on helicopters? Of course they won't!

Reaction score

Wouldn't be so sure Peter, Cameron needs to achieve a landslide equivalent to either Attlee in 1945 or Blair in 1997 to achieve an overall majority of 1! Generally the results are a little closer than polls suggest (not huge differences but just a little). In terms of an overall majority "just a little" narrowing would be fatal for Cameron in seeking a clear mandate. I think you are correct in the assumption that it is highly unlikely the current Prime Minister will be in office after the General Election. I am not sure, however, that his opponent will achieve the post he desires this time around.

Meanwhile it is clear that this is short-term economic gain at the expense of long term environmental and economic sense - and I have no doubt that the other political parties would do exactly the same if they were in this sh*t. (They're all mouth and trousers!)

klik2change

Reaction score
I want to add that 90% of all criticism levelled at labour follow from the fact that they had the courage to pass the freedom of information act. Nobody has had a good look at anyone else yet. just wait till the tories come to power... feathering of own castles, duck houses and moat cleaning will be nothing. Rememeber cash for questions anyone?

Reaction score
Very valid point klik...although I'm not sure you can allocate 90% to the FOI!!! Interesting that the press have not really used the FOI act to try to circumvent the "Thirty Year Rule" to have a real root around the pre-1997 governments. Yet.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
The FOI is only enforced when the government feels it is in their interest to release that information if it isn't the FOI suddenly isn't, if you see what I mean.

This latest decision by the governement is them doing what all governments do - prevaricating, they rarely act decisively, it is not in their nature to do so. I often think we should do away with our government system altogether they talk about everything but solve nothing they are in effect a talk tank when what the nation requires is an action tank. Angling, rivers, wildlife etc. are way down, almost out of sight in the great scheme of government thinking, they have no interest whatsoever in it in fact, for the simple reason there are no votes in it.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Rememeber cash for questions anyone?

Remember Mistresses Maid's Work Permit anyone?

Remember David Abrahams "contributions" anyone?

Remember Bernie Ecclestone's "contributions" anyone?

Remember Peter Hain forgetting to declare his "donations" for his deputy leadership campaigns anyone?

(pot, kettle, black?)

However, we are straying into the land of "politics" but then this article could never be fully discussed without that, I suppose.

Last edited:
Reaction score
However, we are straying into the land of "politics" but then this article could never be fully discussed without that, I suppose.

Blimey PJ it's blooming hard balancing on the tightrope of impartiality...I do my best!

(inserts political winking smilie things - in blue,red,orange,green,green,black and yellow...etc.etc

Last edited:

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
It's true, we have the choice between the inept and the unsuitable running the show. How this will affect the AT's handling of this matter I don't know.

Can someone explain what this lack of decision means in layman terms?

tuolumne fisher

Reaction score
suckers, you and yours have been supporting the system since voting age,aint you got no memory, join me, living in the dark and eating pooh