Big Perch for Jonathan

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
I had to take a second look thought my eyes were playing tricks.What a giant well done that man!!

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Wowee! That is one big fat perch isn't it, congratulations to Jonothan of course but tell you what, that is one PB Jonothan is going to find hard to beat.

I have never seen a big perch like that but I do notice the lack of colour in what is normally a very colourful fish, is that normal for big perch?

Reaction score
Great fish! Well done Mr.

That's how you do it Derek - first find a venue that actually has big perch in it instead of sitting in the freezing cold waiting for a bait that will never come.

Ben Haigh

Reaction score
Now thats a beauty that one. well done.

Graham, i'm no perch expert, but having caught some nice ones in my time, i've noticed they lose colour with stress rather than size. any decent ones i have caught on perch tackle (as opposed to pike tackle) have come out pale after giving a good fight, but 5 mins in a keepnet while you sort out the camera and the colour returns nicely usually.

Rickrod

Reaction score
Well done Jonathan thats a massive perch a right old warrior

Rodney Wrestt

Reaction score
Congratulations Jonathan, that's the fish of a lifetime. Well done.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
That is one fantastic fish. Well done. Maybe we should fish the coarse water next time. Just imagine that on a fly.

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Reaction score
Wowee! That is one big fat perch isn't it, congratulations to Jonothan of course but tell you what, that is one PB Jonothan is going to find hard to beat.

I have never seen a big perch like that but I do notice the lack of colour in what is normally a very colourful fish, is that normal for big perch?

A lot seems to depend on the clarity of the water -- they seem to be more 'colourful' in clearer waters