CAN WE FIX IT? YES BOV CAN!

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Phillippa Forester is welcome to a cup of Bovril in my bivvy anytime. What she would have to do to earn it though is a different matter.

Back to the real world and stop dreaming, Woody.

I wonder if they couldn't regenerate some of these old village ponds and transform them into fisheries again, free of course, for the locals. We pass a couple in Gerrards Cross and both almost dried out this year, would it not be possible to dig them deeper and re-puddle them? Both would be ideal for kids to learn on, if the locals would allow them.

And BTW, Bovril makes a great glug for your boilies!!!

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Sounds a great idea Jeff but you must realise it won't happen. Why? Because some idiot might just fall in and an even bigger idiot health and safety know-nothing won't allow deep pools with easy acess where there are children in built up areas. OK you can build a 10ft wall round it but that would detract somewhat from the sleepy village pond image! In their eyes village pools are dangerous and apart from that the local worthies would only treat it as a convenient rubbish dump. Such is life in wonderful England in the modern era.

Last edited:

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
In their eyes village pools are dangerous and apart from that the local worthies would only treat it as a convenient rubbish dump.
NOT IN GERRARDS CROSS, Graham.

They have it transferred to cheaper Beaconsfield.
;) :wh

(I Laughed the other day when I heard the Liberals are upping their "Mansion" tax from £1m to £2m.. This will NOT affect the house sales around Burkes Road in Beaconsfiedl as most houses there start at £5m and they will pay it whatever. Mind you £5m buys you a garden shed in Sear Green.)