Fishing on Boxing Day

Skoda

Reaction score
Another grand article, thanks Gary. Reminds me of a piece by Arthur Ransome called "Fishing in Lilliput" (Rod and Line) where he extols the virtue of smaller fish from smaller streams.

Many thanks :)

Andy

Gary Cullum

Reaction score
Thanks Andy... yes, Arthur Ransome’s Rod and Line.. a super book. Small Streams... veritable gold mines, always throwing up surprises. The bivvy and barra’ load of gear is not for me... but of course, each to his own. Every small stream fish is a specimen. The lads on my club lake think the biggest fish in The Mere is a 30lb common. Actually, it’s a genuine old warrior four pound crucian, but many don’t understand that. And I personally find that a shame. Gary

barbeldave

Reaction score
Thanks Andy... yes, Arthur Ransome’s Rod and Line.. a super book. Small Streams... veritable gold mines, always throwing up surprises. The bivvy and barra’ load of gear is not for me... but of course, each to his own. Every small stream fish is a specimen. The lads on my club lake think the biggest fish in The Mere is a 30lb common. Actually, it’s a genuine old warrior four pound crucian, but many don’t understand that. And I personally find that a shame. Gary
Hi Gary, what a great article. I really must try to get out on Boxing Day next year mate.

All the best

Dave