Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Blog Entries

Default Fishing on Boxing Day

This is a dedicated thread for discussing article: Fishing on Boxing Day

Blog Entries

Another grand article, thanks Gary. Reminds me of a piece by Arthur Ransome called "Fishing in Lilliput" (Rod and Line) where he extols the virtue of smaller fish from smaller streams.

Many thanks

Andy
    They're not 'avin it... I think they need a 20 !My Blog

3. Default Fishing on Boxing Day

Thanks Andy... yes, Arthur Ransome’s Rod and Line.. a super book. Small Streams... veritable gold mines, always throwing up surprises. The bivvy and barra’ load of gear is not for me... but of course, each to his own. Every small stream fish is a specimen. The lads on my club lake think the biggest fish in The Mere is a 30lb common. Actually, it’s a genuine old warrior four pound crucian, but many don’t understand that. And I personally find that a shame. Gary

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Cullum View Post
    Thanks Andy... yes, Arthur Ransome’s Rod and Line.. a super book. Small Streams... veritable gold mines, always throwing up surprises. The bivvy and barra’ load of gear is not for me... but of course, each to his own. Every small stream fish is a specimen. The lads on my club lake think the biggest fish in The Mere is a 30lb common. Actually, it’s a genuine old warrior four pound crucian, but many don’t understand that. And I personally find that a shame. Gary
    Hi Gary, what a great article. I really must try to get out on Boxing Day next year mate.

All the best

Dave