Damflask

Reaction score
I suspect Yorkshire Water netted this place some years ago. There now appears to be just 6 small perch and a skimmer left in the whole reservoir.

Try the Trent instead.

Last edited:

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I suspect Yorkshire Water netted this place some years ago. There now appears to be just 6 small perch and a slimmer left in the who reservoir.

Try the Trent instead.

Strange that Matt as I am reliably informed that "anglers" do catch there . . .

I'll have to interrogate Poshers on Tuesday to get the real low down

[insert huge winkey thang > > > > HERE]

Last edited:

Derek Gibson

Reaction score
Matt has overlooked the seven grayling, nine chub, five crucians, and those enormous millers thumbs. You will note there is no referance to pike that of course is deliberate.

Reaction score
Can we have some accuracy please Matt. Two skimmers - I was gutted to have eventually released my grasp on the Best Fish trophy after a number of years. I'll get it back next year...going all out for a 1lb skimmer!!!

It t'were a bit grim.....Port and Stilton conditions at their finest!

nicepix

Reaction score
I first fished Dam(n) Flask as a 15 year old in a club competition. Nobody had a bite. It was the same the following year and the one after that...........

About 10 years later a mate invited me up there for a session and he brought a local girl who he was trying to get the knickers off. I couldn't understand the difficulty as I managed it pretty easily a week or so later :wh

I regard that as the nearest I've been to the smell of fish at Dam(n) Flask.

Reaction score
That's where we were going wrong...we should focus on the joggers not the floats!! Mind you with all due respect to my colleagues....how short sighted do we need the joggers to be?

john step

Reaction score
I first fished Dam(n) Flask as a 15 year old in a club competition. Nobody had a bite. It was the same the following year and the one after that...........

About 10 years later a mate invited me up there for a session and he brought a local girl who he was trying to get the knickers off. I couldn't understand the difficulty as I managed it pretty easily a week or so later :wh

You Bad bad boy.:D

Morespiders

Reaction score
We won't be deterred, we are proper anglers, back again in sept for another crack until someone smashes the 3lb barrier

Reaction score
We won't be deterred, we are proper anglers, back again in sept for another crack until someone smashes the 3lb barrier

Speak for yourself.....

There's one member who has exceded the 3lb barrier on more than one occasion!!!!! :wh

I found it disappointing that, even with my sporting gesture of not actually using a hook, the only time anybody tried to step up to the plate was when the food arrived!:eek:mg::w:w:w

Still perhaps this song may spur a few of you on...

Lotte Lenya Sings September Song - YouTube

flightliner

Reaction score

Nobodies that lucky with those local birds, bet you had to use the handcuffs:wh!.