Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Damflask

I suspect Yorkshire Water netted this place some years ago. There now appears to be just 6 small perch and a skimmer left in the whole reservoir.

Try the Trent instead.
    Last edited by Mr Cholmondeley-Corker (PaSC); 30-06-2014 at 06:03.
    PaSC Junior Development Officer ><((((°>

Blog Entries

Default Re: Damflask

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cholmondeley-Corker (PaSC) View Post
    I suspect Yorkshire Water netted this place some years ago. There now appears to be just 6 small perch and a slimmer left in the who reservoir.

Try the Trent instead.

Strange that Matt as I am reliably informed that "anglers" do catch there . . .

I'll have to interrogate Poshers on Tuesday to get the real low down

[insert huge winkey thang > > > > HERE]

Last edited by Peter Jacobs; 30-06-2014 at 15:17.

Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers.

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary. ~

Patrick F. McManus

Matt has overlooked the seven grayling, nine chub, five crucians, and those enormous millers thumbs. You will note there is no referance to pike that of course is deliberate.

Derek

If the Pike are as old as their Photos on the notice board there's a strong possibility of a British record fish
    “If you find it hard to laugh at yourself, I would be happy to do it for you.”

Quote Originally Posted by itsfishingnotcatching View Post
    Derek

If the Pike are as old as their Photos on the notice board there's a strong possibility of a British record fish
    Very observant, you ain't just whistling Dixie.

Can we have some accuracy please Matt. Two skimmers - I was gutted to have eventually released my grasp on the Best Fish trophy after a number of years. I'll get it back next year...going all out for a 1lb skimmer!!!

It t'were a bit grim.....Port and Stilton conditions at their finest!
    He is every other inch a gentleman.

I first fished Dam(n) Flask as a 15 year old in a club competition. Nobody had a bite. It was the same the following year and the one after that...........

About 10 years later a mate invited me up there for a session and he brought a local girl who he was trying to get the knickers off. I couldn't understand the difficulty as I managed it pretty easily a week or so later

I regard that as the nearest I've been to the smell of fish at Dam(n) Flask.
    I tread the path where no one goes,
    and cast to fish nobody knows.

That's where we were going wrong...we should focus on the joggers not the floats!! Mind you with all due respect to my colleagues....how short sighted do we need the joggers to be?
    He is every other inch a gentleman.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Poshpaul (Angling Trust and PaSC) View Post
    ...how short sighted do we need the joggers to be?
    Well, let's just say that:

Only PaSC Members have their names etched in braille on their seat boxes . . . . . . .

Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers.

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary. ~

Patrick F. McManus

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Jacobs View Post
    seat boxes . . . . . . .
    None of that stuff for us PJ, we're proper anglers. The baggage handlers couldn't negotiate the paths we tread

Other types are of course more than welcome, terms and conditions to be agreed with Spiders prior to attendance.
    “If you find it hard to laugh at yourself, I would be happy to do it for you.”

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast