Resolutions

Reaction score
I would like to find a few more day ticket waters around the Cheshire area that I have not fished and not to "commercialized" such as café/burger bar etc. and also to fish club waters I have neglected to do so over the years,

Have you fished Tatton Mere?

Or Greenwood Fishery ( on A49 just off M56 J10)?

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
If You Mean Tatton Mere In Tatton Park, Yes, many years ago when the club I am in had the fishing rights on there, Greenwood fishery is less than 10 minutes from my house, I fished the main pool on there, a lot of depth in it, its an ok pool, the new one he had dug out has to many pegs on it for its size, take at least half off and rearrange the others and it would be better, brookside is a water I wasn't keen on, but now that it has changed hands and the new owner has plans for it, I will give it a try, Ackers pit in Stockton heath is a great water to take kids, also ideal for a couple of hours with minimum tackle,

Reaction score
If You Mean Tatton Mere In Tatton Park, Yes, many years ago when the club I am in had the fishing rights on there, Greenwood fishery is less than 10 minutes from my house, I fished the main pool on there, a lot of depth in it, its an ok pool, the new one he had dug out has to many pegs on it for its size, take at least half off and rearrange the others and it would be better, brookside is a water I wasn't keen on, but now that it has changed hands and the new owner has plans for it, I will give it a try, Ackers pit in Stockton heath is a great water to take kids, also ideal for a couple of hours with minimum tackle,

I fish Ackers occasionally. I used to take my son there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
WAA have said to help get juniors back into fishing, members can take a non member junior on 4 waters to fish, the nearest 2 waters to me are Ackers Pit and the Canal, both about 5 minutes away, I am going to take my grandson and granddaughter but can only take them one at a time, I take grandson on Lymms waters also taken him to Dunham Fisheries and Lloyds Meadow,
I am also in Widerspool anglers that have similar scheme for juniors, Do you live in warrington area ?

Reaction score
WAA have said to help get juniors back into fishing, members can take a non member junior on 4 waters to fish, the nearest 2 waters to me are Ackers Pit and the Canal, both about 5 minutes away, I am going to take my grandson and granddaughter but can only take them one at a time, I take grandson on Lymms waters also taken him to Dunham Fisheries and Lloyds Meadow,
I am also in Widerspool anglers that have similar scheme for juniors, Do you live in warrington area ?

Yes I live in Appleton.

My son does ok now. The last time we went was three years ago

833f05431f00ff0980e2432bbfff1bce.jpg

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Yes I live in Appleton.

My son does ok now. The last time we went was three years ago

833f05431f00ff0980e2432bbfff1bce.jpg

Great photo, there was a 19lb pike out the Bridgewater Canal at Runcorn over the new year, caught by a young lad, the youngsters of today are putting us older anglers to shame, My 12 year old grandson never lets up if he catches more than me, comments like "try putting a hook on next time" come to mind,
If you like farm type pool fishing , join Wilderspool Anglers, one of their pools is on Hatton Lane, another at Antrobus and the third is on Hollyhedge Lane at Walton,