Resolutions

wanderer

Reaction score
It is that time of the year for us to give a thought to the immediate future, i am 60 in about 6 weeks and that requires a more limited view of what i can and cannot do fishing wise in the coming year. I am not at deaths door but limitations are increasingly obvious, i cant carry my gear miles, my wife objects to me disappearing for days on end, and night work both restricts and gives windows of fishing oppotunity. So within these limitations, i set about planning the coming campaign, my estate syndicate ticket is a must, peaceful sanctuary from the modern world, my two rivers and the GUC are also a must do, Billing and my obsession with a 40 year quest is an option, Sywell and the Tench pulls hard as does Claydon with its wildies and big cats. Oh God, my head is spinning with decisions, what would you do, what will you do, come on guys lets hear your thoughts.

Derek Gibson

Reaction score
Seeing as there is far more fishing behind me than in front, I will resolve to get out more if remotely possible. And that may have to include access points as unpalatable as that sounds. But at least I have the option of a couple of private roads leading to the rivers that have served me well in the past that offer me the chance of a big Pike or Perch.

Wish me luck guys.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
New Year Resolutions?

Well, those of us from Wiltshire never bother with these as we are . . . . . .

pretty much ruddy perfect anyway . . . .

[inserting whistling smiley and . . . exiting stage left . . .]

B

binka

I'm an habitual avoider of New Year resolutions and so to that effect I will be out doing whatever I enjoy whenever a certain thing takes my fancy as far as fishing is concerned.

On a non-fishing front I have made a promise with drinking, smoking and diet.

(And it's not to do more of them :D)

laguna

Reaction score
Wish you all the very best of look for the new year! :w

Please consider me when juggling time and energy to try out new things. I have health issues which forced me to give up manual work some years ago, which on reflection, gave me the opportunity to do the two things I love most...
Fishing and trying out new things... its a big responsibility but someone has to do it! :D

barbelboi

Reaction score
My New Year's resolution is to stop being condescending. That's when you talk down to people...........................

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
I have resolved not to laugh at Arsenal supporters.
Ha, ha, well couldn't keep that up for long.

Keith M

Reaction score
My New Years resolution is to lose at least a stone in the next month or two after stuffing my face over Christmas, and then I can see about getting my knees and hip sorted out.

My second resolution for this year is to catalogue most of my old fishing books and old rods and reels so that I can start clearing them out on eBay; as they are taking up far too much room and I never use or read half of them and I need to de-clutter LOL

My third and last resolution is to try to see what my son sees in watching grown men kicking a ball around a field LOL (I might even end up going with him to watch his beloved Spurs play LOL).

Keith

Last edited:

barbelboi

Reaction score
I’ll try to stop using the Spuds as an example of describing the force of gravity and refrain from mentioning the sudden quietness of all Chelsea fans these days on all social networks...............

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Seeing as there is far more fishing behind me than in front, I will resolve to get out more if remotely possible.

That's a sobering thought, Derek. Its the same for me and your resolution to get out more will do for me too.

I'm finding it increasingly hard to get motivated enough to get off my ar$e and actually go of late but that's going to have to change. If not now...when ?

john step

Reaction score
Mine is to carry on as normal. I do try to have a trip somewhere different every year both hill walking and fishing.
I also always resolve to make more time for my sandwich maker. She is a treasure, I would hate to end up making my own:wh

steve2

Reaction score
Unfortunately like others I have far more fishing behind me than in front.
Having lost a few good friends, it makes you want to make the most of what you have.
So no resolutions from me apart from to just enjoy what I do and I hope you all do too.

dannyboy1

Reaction score
Don't start thinking about how much less you have in front of you than behind, you'll only make yourselves depressed.

Instead think about all the great times you've had and hey you still have tomorrow as well, get out there and live your life treat other as you like being your self and catch fish

Sent from my HP 8 G2 using Tapatalk

john step

Reaction score
I don't make New Year Resolutions but I am making one now half way through January.

I WON'T WHINGE ABOUT IT BEING TOO HOT TO FISH ON THOSE RARE SUMMER DAYS.

The fish are just not playing ball for me at the moment. The pike seem to have done a disappearing act on my pit, the river is chocolate, and yesterday I went to a guaranteed easy spot to feel a few silvers on the end of my line. Result...............two pairs of eyes....hardly big enough to call them fish:eek:

Roll on some milder weather.

mikench

Reaction score
Drier weather would be nice! Since it stopped snowing around two hours ago it has just been throwing it down ! Horrible!:rolleyes:

B

binka

Would it be a valid resolution if one were to make a resolution to break all resolutions? :)

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
I would like to find a few more day ticket waters around the Cheshire area that I have not fished and not to "commercialized" such as café/burger bar etc. and also to fish club waters I have neglected to do so over the years,

mikench

Reaction score
I resolved to do that but have so far failed miserably! I hope to get out tomorrow but have failed already!:rolleyes: perhaps in the spring I will venture further afield!