Ive fished
Woodend huthwait;
easy n fish batterd shame really

Tibshelf;
nice place but must of caught everything in there

Sutton lawn;
nice place to fish

Brierly pond huthwait;
good but nightmare getting ticket from food place on day as only opens at 10 am no bank side money allowed

Park hall mansfield woodhouse;
been twice but only last few week and had just dropped to 2 degrees blanked twice

Higham farm;
stunk and **** everywhere litrally

Halesthorpe dam clowne;
Fantastic place faultless

Kellham hall kellham;
River nice place can be hard

Pinxton ponds;
nice place some unexpected lumps in there too

Hardwick hall;
Ive fished the main lake but people saying its been netted how true i dont no ive also got my name down for the 5 riw ponds up there been a year and heard nothing but they look nice

Butterly res ripley;
Carpers over took it constantly baiting with boats and spods OTT silly really especially this time of year

Wellow dam ollerton;
Nice place nice fish and nice friendly people

Sherwood fisherys edwinstowe;
Nice choice of ponds but match's on everyweek and some fish no lips fins eyes etc.like woodend

Are there any other localish fishery round me i like feeder rod mainly,float and fishing for carp with my barbel rods and rivers to any help much appreciated thanks

B

binka

Berry Hill Park well worth a go despite the unlikeliness of it, some great roach fishing and some clonkers too but best tackled with the float.

Vicar Water would suit you, some good feeder chucking over to the island and the deeps.

Langwith Lodge, the big lake is very nice

L Lakes in Rainworth, very nice place and decent mixed fishing.

River Trent Fiskerton & Rolleston, £6 day tickets in advance from either tackle shop and some of the biggest and best barbel fishing you will find anywhere

The Notts AA book is good value for stillwater (including Newlands) and river fishing if you don't want to keep buying day tickets and will open up quite a lot for you, they have a website with their waters listed on it.

Matlock AA book also a good one with the Derwent between Darley Dale & Matlock Bath... Barbel, chub in addition to some good grayling fishing.

Bobs Island in Newark but it gets hammered, fish it on a float instead of the tip and it can be a different kettle of fish altogether.

No pun intended :)

flightliner

Reaction score
Pebley res just up the road from Harlesthorpe dam,the blue lagoon near the van dyke hotel close and between harlesthorpe and pebley, the lake in shirebrook village, the lake at spion kop 'tuther side of mansfield woodhouse, Harthill res near Pebley res, the canal at Worksop, the river ryton at worksop and below,the river ??? Going thro ollerton, the maun, poulter, meden that make their way to the A1 near Walesby (ish) that join up to make the river idle.

B

binka

I forgot about Spion Kop Mick, quite well talked of locally too.

If they allowed Sunday fishing I would have a Welbeck ticket without giving it a second thought.

There's also a couple of lakes on the road which cuts back just before Spion Kop and goes through to Shirebrook but I can't for the life of me remember what they are called.

I went for a nosey around one afternoon, many years ago now, after they had just opened (been dug?) and I lost my shoe in the mud, never to be seen again :eek:mg:

nova12

Reaction score
Berry hill.park where about is thhis fishery is it a fishery or on a actual park?
Ive heard of vicars water will have a pop round at the weekend thanks

B

binka

Berry hill.park where about is thhis fishery is it a fishery or on a actual park?
Ive heard of vicars water will have a pop round at the weekend thanks

Berry Hill Park was always a park with what looks like a typical park pond with no inlet or outlet stream and a few years ago Mansfield Piscatorials took it on a day ticket basis.

IIRC there's a maximum hook size of 14 and it was ticket on the bank if anyone showed.

You'll find it easy enough it's very close to me, best to do a Google Earth rather than go off my dodgy directions.

I think you will like Vicar Water, day tickets at £5 per rod on the bank or a club book and it's well run, John Knight is the head bailiff and it's good mixed fishing with carp a feature which I'm told run to upper 20's, big bream and some stillwater barbel to double figures (not my thing but not knocking it either) in addition to all the other usual species.

It's really worth having a look at L Lake in Rainworth too for the sake of a ten minute drive, very similar to Vicar Water in that it's a nice, peaceful and trouble free place to enjoy some mixed fishing, a bit carper dominated in the summer but most will be tucked up until April now :)

gaz40k

Reaction score
Field Mill Dam just behind the imperial cleaners place in town isn't bad. Good for a decent net of Roach and as far as I'm aware, free!

Bleak hills has been took over and restocked too. I've only been once (in march) and it was hard going but 4 lakes with various stock so might be worth a look. They are also digging out proper pegs which for me personally is better than wooden platforms. They have a facebook page too so you can probably ask how it's fishing before you go.