Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: advice for kent

Default Re: advice for kent

I don't see the need to use anything other than a float, the fish come right into the margins for the feed. You need a simple and quick method, you'll be catching that many per hour., take lots of pellets, nothing else required.

The speci lake is a different matter, but I seem to recollect the bailiff has to "vet" you before being allowed to fish it.

It all sounds a bit draconian but the guy does run a very well kept fishery and doesn't suffer fools gladly which is all good in my books. It's just a grossly overstocked venue where you cannot fail to catch fish.
    Last edited by s63; 06-07-2017 at 19:32.

Monk lakes match fishery if you want virtually guaranteed fish.

mysite

I’ve never blanked there. I use a method feeder with 8mm banded pellet hookbaits. Bite indication is a case of having the rod taken out of your hands !! NEVER leave a baited rod unattended, the fish are quite capable of dragging it in ! Carp range from pastie size to 10lb plus and there are some nice tench and bream.
    ** The Match Lakes

MATCH LAKE 1 - a two-and-a-half-acre, 44-peg match fishing lake, with bank platforms. This match lake regularly gives big bags of mixed fish, from proper platforms, within easy walking distance from the car park. The lake has a good mix of the different species. Species - Carp, Barbel, Bream, Tench & Chub.
    ​
    MATCH LAKE 2 - a four-acre lake, known as "the Barbel" lake. It has 46-pegs, large weights, fishing from bank platforms. This lake also gives big bags of mixed fish from the comfort of proper platforms, within easy walking distance from the car park. Species - Carp, Barbel, Tench, Chub, Bream and Roach.
    ​
    MATCH LAKE 3 - a three-and-a-half-acre, 45-peg match-fishing lake, with bank platforms. This lake has a good mix of the different species, including some large surprises! Species - Carp, Barbel, Green & Golden Tench, Chub, Bream and Roach.
    ​
    MATCH LAKE 4 - a one-and-a-half-acre, 29-peg match-fishing lake, with bank platforms. Species - Carp, Barbel, Bream, Tench.
    Check their website for the rules and to check that there is no match booked. **

Match lakes must be prebooked.

Frant Lakes near Tonbridge is one of the best commercials going and pretty. About 8 lakes, two ponds and a bit of river. All species available, roach, bream, tench etc. If you take the lad try one of the ponds, full of fish' or at least they were when I was last there, check that with the bailiff or email them first..
    Frant Lakes, Quality Carp Fishing in Frant, East Sussex.
    Last edited by markg; 27-01-2019 at 09:06.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12