Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  1

Default Hardwick Hall Ponds

Anyone fish there recently? Looking for somewhere to take a friend for the day fishing.

binka Guest

Default Re: Hardwick Hall Ponds

Not recently but I used to fish the lower lake on a regular basis until the National (Mis)Trust netted it and sold the fish to another club whilst still taking the day ticket money!

I wouldn't like to say one way or the other, it may well have been fishing well again recently but then you never know when the same thing might happen again.

Lovely place though, very shallow on the bottom lake with the old course of the river bed the place to look for if you're after any bigger fish that might still be in there... The only thing that ever put me off (apart from having the fish removed) was the constant drone of traffic on the nearby M1.

I can't wait until HS2 is adding to that

cheers mate. I know someone who goes there for some bream fishing so it sounds as though they may have r e-stocked.

binka Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
    cheers mate. I know someone who goes there for some bream fishing so it sounds as though they may have r e-stocked.
    I very much doubt the National (Mis)Trust would have spent money stocking it, more like the fish which remained after the previous netting have bred and replenished themselves.

Keep it quiet though, or they'll probably be back with the nets again and flogging 'em off whilst still taking yer money

Plenty of carp in the top pond. I've seen them when on walks round there. Not fished it for many years myself though.