Park Hall Fisheries Mansfield Woodhouse

Redeemed

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This looks a nice venue, not too much info out there about it, wondered if anyone has or does fish it?

B

binka

It's a nice place, a bit of a cross between a commercial and an ancient lake which the owner has traced back some 400 years or so iirc.

It's quite 'manufactured' looking at the bottom (near end) of the lake with some uniformed reed beds which look to be placed at pole range for nice features with channels to fish up to and in between but you can get away from that by going further up the lake where it deepens to around 4' right at the top end where it narrows.

Decent mixed fishing but no shortage of Carp, a fair few Crucians though which are catchable by sitting well back and fishing right up to the waters edge.

I've not found the Carp to be too much of a nuisance and there are good stocks of Perch, Roach and Bream which can all be caught on chopped worm right under the rod tip...

Day ticket via an honesty box on the way in, I think they hold open matches on Saturday and Wednesday but there are always spare pegs available to pleasure fish from.

Parking behind most pegs and well worth a visit imo, I've enjoyed every session I've had there.

gaz40k

Reaction score
I'll double that thanks, i'm fishing here for the first time Saturday as it's not far from me. I have a start on whats in there and what baits etc now.