Holby city

Keith M

Reaction score
Did anyone see Holby City last week, where that doctor walked into that lake to end it all?

That was the estate lake that I often fish, and it is much deeper where that guy was standing (he was standing on an underwater platform).

Im not allowed to tell you where it is, but it is a lovely quiet and remote fishery, that usually has lots of water lillies but they were almost wiped out when a lake upstream of us used some (fish safe) weed killer.

Luckily the lillies have started to grow again.

Keith

Last edited:

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
I don't do Holby City but is it the double lake with a little bridge and an island from my teenage years, I wonder?

I'll have to have a look on catch up.....................

mikench

Reaction score
Don't watch soaps so didn't see it! I like picturesque little waters even if the fishing is hard!

Reaction score
This thread frightened me a bit,I thought a member had lost the plot for a minute???

Had to peek,even though I might have turned to stone if there was a clip...

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Keith M...............If you read this, can you tell me which episode contained the scene you talk of. I've checked a couple on Catch Up with out luck. I understand it's on every day so if you can point me in the right direction, please.
I would like to see the water again....

Thanks

TC

mikench

Reaction score
Thanks John! The pool looks delightful ; wish I could say the same about the soap!:)

The bad one

Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago me and my brother were out for a pint in the City centre during the afternoon (Lass O'Gowrie) and a young lass came in with camera equipment. We got talking to her and her job was a Set Locator for Granada TV. She was looking for old pub settings in the City for future programmes.
As some on here know from my FB page, me and our kid are Old Gits around the town and know most if not all the best old boozers around the city. So we could help her out no end as to where to go.
Must have been good advice because we moved pubs and who should come in but the same lass checking out the pub. :eek: So no doubt the lake Keith talks about would have been scoped out by a Set locator.

Keith M

Reaction score
The lake has been used for various film and TV series for many years, I first remember seeing it back in the 70s late at night in an old black and white horror film; when an old horse and carriage crossed the bridge and travelled through a strange fog into ‘The Village of the Damned’

And It’s been in lots of different films and TV series over the years since then.

Keith

Last edited:

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
I saw Roger Moore and Susannah York there once.....He spoke, she didn't, but I still fancied her rotten!