Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  9
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Holby city

Blog Entries

Default Re: Holby city

A couple of weeks ago me and my brother were out for a pint in the City centre during the afternoon (Lass O'Gowrie) and a young lass came in with camera equipment. We got talking to her and her job was a Set Locator for Granada TV. She was looking for old pub settings in the City for future programmes.
    As some on here know from my FB page, me and our kid are Old Gits around the town and know most if not all the best old boozers around the city. So we could help her out no end as to where to go.
    Must have been good advice because we moved pubs and who should come in but the same lass checking out the pub. So no doubt the lake Keith talks about would have been scoped out by a Set locator.

Blog Entries

The lake has been used for various film and TV series for many years, I first remember seeing it back in the 70s late at night in an old black and white horror film; when an old horse and carriage crossed the bridge and travelled through a strange fog into ‘The Village of the Damned’

And It’s been in lots of different films and TV series over the years since then.

Keith
    Last edited by Keith M; 26-11-2018 at 17:37.
    Happiness is fish shaped (It used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

I saw Roger Moore and Susannah York there once.....He spoke, she didn't, but I still fancied her rotten!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12