adverts on F M

stripey

Reaction score
These adverts popping up on F M are really p******g me off, no wonder Binka gave up on FM
i am seriously thinking the same as Binka.

Keith M

Reaction score
The only advert that I see now is the one advert across the top of the screen as I’ve turned off the ones down the side by clicking the small arrow head in the ‘welcome to FM’ box next to the Thanks & Likes box.

They’re probably no worse now than they were before Binka decided to leave, on my devices anyway. Thanks to the work that admin done to reduce them.
Other than the occasional slightly annoying text jump when I’m reading a long post, but I can live with that.

However the site has to have some adverts on it just to help the site cover its costs.

I’m not sure whether you have to make a certain number of posts before all the other adverts on your screen disappear though.

Keith

Last edited:

john r stockburn

Reaction score
These adverts popping up on F M are really p******g me off, no wonder Binka gave up on FM
i am seriously thinking the same as Binka.

yes they are beyond a joke now and one of the reasons why I do not visit as much .
I am seriously thinking of abandoning this forum

wetthrough

Reaction score
They’re probably no worse now than they were before Binka decided to leave, on my devices anyway. Thanks to the work that admin done to reduce them.
Other than the occasional slightly annoying text jump when I’m reading a long post, but I can live with that.

If it hadn't been for the text jump I could have lived with them. It irritated me that much I installed an ad blocker for the first time in nearly 30 yrs of computing. 'uBlock Origin' Works a treat in Firefox. I don't see any ad's at all.

mikench

Reaction score
No ads at all save for a banner advert along the top on Chrome without any Adblocker.

I am happy!:)

PH

Reaction score
Brilliant, I just installed adblocker plus and all ads have now disappeared, including the banner at the top.

Reaction score
How the hell do I get a free adblocker on my fire tablet,it seems more hassle than having the ads in the first place!

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The barstewards have started again, when I click onto FM an advert often fils my scren!

daniel121

Reaction score
Oh not this again guys :(

I really really don't see the problem, the site has to make money somehow and advertising is its bread and butter. I don't know if I have add blocker installed or not, that's my lads domain he sorts me out for any technical things I need. Well I'd like, it goes like this, I ask him, he sorts it out then I break it, he fixes it, I re-break it and repeat :D but anyway I get sorted :cool:

Can I just say a positive attitude leads positive feelings, a negative attitude leads to no good what's so ever. Maybe look at a positive way forward for yourselves rarther than moaning about advertising on here? I'm guessing I won't be Mr popular for this opinion but hey nothing new there eh?:)

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
IPVANISH opens about three pages when I click on FM now.

It's getting a bit silly now and I can well understand Binka making a break!

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
IPVANISH opens about three pages when I click on FM now.

It's getting a bit silly now and I can well understand Binka making a break!

How does a VPN service affect advertising?

mikench

Reaction score
On my iPad with no adblocker i still have no adverts whatsoever at the side and just the one across the top which I am happy with! The lack of any consistency across appliances and operating systems is most puzzling!

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
How does a VPN service affect advertising?

So isn't it advertising IPVANISH then?

When I click onto FM it opens about three or four new pages across the top of rhis pad and it fills the screen with one also.
I'd say that's advertising myself.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So isn't it advertising IPVANISH then?

When I click onto FM it opens about three or four new pages across the top of rhis pad and it fills the screen with one also.
I'd say that's advertising myself.

Sorry, I’ve misunderstood. I thought it was the use of Ipvqnish that was causing you grief.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Sorry, I’ve misunderstood. I thought it was the use of Ipvqnish that was causing you grief.

No, as I say, the thing just keeps filling my entire screen and opening numerous other pages across the top of my screen.
It really is annoying. I'll see how it goes and id it carries on for much longer i'll just steer clear of FM for while, it isn't worth the aggro.