Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: adverts on F M

Default adverts on F M

These adverts popping up on F M are really p******g me off, no wonder Binka gave up on FM
    i am seriously thinking the same as Binka.

Blog Entries

Default Re: adverts on F M

The only advert that I see now is the one advert across the top of the screen as I’ve turned off the ones down the side by clicking the small arrow head in the ‘welcome to FM’ box next to the Thanks & Likes box.

They’re probably no worse now than they were before Binka decided to leave, on my devices anyway. Thanks to the work that admin done to reduce them.
    Other than the occasional slightly annoying text jump when I’m reading a long post, but I can live with that.

However the site has to have some adverts on it just to help the site cover its costs.

I’m not sure whether you have to make a certain number of posts before all the other adverts on your screen disappear though.

Keith
    Last edited by Keith M; 03-12-2018 at 22:31.
    Happiness is fish shaped (It used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

Quote Originally Posted by stripey View Post
    These adverts popping up on F M are really p******g me off, no wonder Binka gave up on FM
    i am seriously thinking the same as Binka.
    yes they are beyond a joke now and one of the reasons why I do not visit as much .
    I am seriously thinking of abandoning this forum

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Keith M View Post
    They’re probably no worse now than they were before Binka decided to leave, on my devices anyway. Thanks to the work that admin done to reduce them.
    Other than the occasional slightly annoying text jump when I’m reading a long post, but I can live with that.
    If it hadn't been for the text jump I could have lived with them. It irritated me that much I installed an ad blocker for the first time in nearly 30 yrs of computing. 'uBlock Origin' Works a treat in Firefox. I don't see any ad's at all.

Blog Entries

I use Firefox with Adblock Plus and Ghostery and I see no ads whatsoever.

Get with it and get rid of them.
    "I care not what others think of what I do, but I care very much about what I think of what I do! That is character!" - Theodore Roosevelt

Chrome with Adblock Genesis Plus (free) no ads........................
    That's about as big as a fish that big gets
    If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything................

No ads at all save for a banner advert along the top on Chrome without any Adblocker.

I am happy!

Brilliant, I just installed adblocker plus and all ads have now disappeared, including the banner at the top.

Blog Entries

How the hell do I get a free adblocker on my fire tablet,it seems more hassle than having the ads in the first place!

The barstewards have started again, when I click onto FM an advert often fils my scren!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast