Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    David OLoughlin Guest

Is it any good.
    I'm 6'6'.
    Anybody got good advice for a lightweight waterproof brolly for a big ****** like me?
    I'm more of a rover/short session than a long stay.
    Thanks
    Dave

Yes, it is good, even for a big 'un! Especially for short, roving sessions, for it's light as well as giving decent cover.

David OLoughlin Guest

Thanks,
    by the way Graham B......y good site. the missus is happy as keeps me away from the naughty places.
    Regards
    Dave

Stewart Bloor Guest

Dave, just to echo Graham's comments. I've practically been living in mine over the last few months...especially since Mrs Sedge threw me out...And you keep away from those naughty sites...grahamswallet.com is enough to frighten anybody...

Malcolm Bason Guest

Iv'e had a brotel for over a year now and am fully satisfied with it. It does indeed provide sufficient cover against wind and rain, though I would only use it during the day. It's extremely easy to erect and to put away.

David OLoughlin Guest

Okay so maybe this is the shelter for me. Any tips on how to convince the boss (bearing our second child), that it isn't a certain type of building found in Amsterdam & that I really, really do need a new brolly?
    Otherwise anyone know where I can buy one at a reasonable price?
    Dave

Stewart Bloor Guest

Show her the price of a new bivvie...it'll seem cheap compared to that...

Stuart Johnson Guest

David, try Bennets of Sheffield. www.bosfish thet are doing a special offer on Brotel's. Just to echo the others, its light and ten times the cover a brolly gives. Keep your old spike from your old brolly (if its a strong one) as the one with the Brotel is a bit weak. As you are big un u can actually make the thing taller by using two storm rods at the front. A very good buy and u will not go back to a normal brolly.

Stewart Bloor Guest

I spent last night out in mine in gale force winds... It held up well, with the storm poles and the guy ropes pegged in, no problem. Even caught some fish as well....I would agree with Stuart though, the back spike is a bit weak. Also the storm pole threads are plastic, could do with brass ones. But apart from that, it's difficult to say anything bad about the Brotel.

David OLoughlin Guest

Darlings,
    Thank you kindly. 43.99 sounds good - & what's more the boss may well say yes?
    The thing is I spent 25 on a special offer house, tunnel & tent for the toddler last week. It said 'water resistant' so I tried to sit in it thinking how I could convert it to a bivy. I got told off & evicted, by a nearly 2 year old.
    I can see it now 43.99 - & I'll be competing with Bear, Poo, Maisy ..... etc.
    Anyhow thanks for all the advice,
    Dave

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast