I`m a dad

T

The Monk

just been weedclearing off my top pond and i`ve netted a baby carp about an inch and half long, its the first time the carp have bred in any of my ponds, I`m amazed, it would be nice to know how many

R

Ron Troversial Clay

You've been bathing in those ponds with dirty underpants again.

PTnymph

Reaction score
Why don't you found out, this could be a golden opportunity to build a large fishery!! The you can charge Ron to fish there.

S

Stuart Bullard 3

So - when are we wetting the baby's head then!

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
If you do find quite a few Monk, count the pectoral fins and divide by two, this will give a good indication as to how many there are.

T

The Monk

oh good idea Merv, dead chuffed, my top ponds only about 3,000, it was a lovely little common really well formed

PTnymph

Reaction score
3,000 fish! I am packing my rods and starting to count the days when Monk have fully establish the fishery.!!

J

jon cotton

Kind of ironic isn't it? Weren't carp traditionally bred by monks??

R

Ron Troversial Clay

They came to England via the Romans a long time before there were any Monks.

T

The Monk

Rons right of course, It was probably the Romans who first brought carp to England

still my little stew ponds looking good

anyone for carp and chips?

PTnymph

Reaction score
Carp and chips

Eeeeeerrrrr No thank Monk, I think I shall pass on to Ron as he like to try and eat all sort of fish where ever he goes.

W

Wolfman Woody

"The Monks poached them off the Chinese" - would have thought stir-frying would have been more in their line.

R

Richard Huggett 1

If you've any to spare your holiness, I have a hungry set of gnashers down here in my front room who would love to take some off your hands....

After all, wasn't it somebody religious who said he could feed five hundred with only five fish ? Give and let give...or am I getting confuddled here ?