Who?

L

Leon Foreman

Because of work I have been confined to my office slaving away on a new project for nights and days on end. The only ?fishing? I can get in is those in my mind or visiting fishing websites. Although I am reeling in the troughs of withdrawals I could at least reminisce on my past fishing experiences. Thinking back, the greatest memories were with my Dad and this got me thinking. If you could choose one person to share a 48 Hour fishing trip with, who would it be and why? Why is it that no matter if that person is actually the greatest fisherman in the world it just seems to you that he is when you are sharing a swim?

M

Mark Frame

matt hayes or des taylor or even the wife if i could get rid of the kids for that length of time

why?
matt or des could teach me more about barbel fishing

the wife just in case the fish aint havin it

R

Ron Clay

I would want to spend a fishing trip with **** Walker again. Not that we might catch some big fish, but what an experience!!

In 48 hours I doubt if we would get any sleep. 48 hours solid conversation about subjects ranging from fishing to classical music and from politics to ferreting.

I had a talking session with the great man back in 1964 in his fishing Hut on the Upper Ouse at Thornton.

It started at 8 in the evening and went on to 3-30 the next morning. Then **** went home and I went out and caught a 4 lb chub.

Happy Days

S

Stewart Bloor

Last week I was on one of my overnighters when a dog walker came along. He saw my Brotel, bedchair, sleeping bag etc and as we talked, he said 'you want to take a 17 year old nymphomaniac with you fishing in there'...next question he asked...'What do you do for a living then?'....I think he wished the ground would have opened up....
(PS...I'm a Rev)....

L

Leon Foreman

Heavens Stewart, You really do run accross all sorts on your fishing expeditions How do you get people to fish with you? Apart from the fact that they might blank when fishing with you, they also run the risk of coffins, alliens and wildlife( and that is not only the animal kind)?

L

Leon Foreman

Unfortuanatly not Ron, stuck on the East Rand. Maybe one day when I am all grown up Ill move away but then money talks and unfortuantly Money is only available in Gauteng

B

Birds Nest

Stewart, you do seem to attract the more "indivudal" people whilst out fishing....

P

Paul Williams

Sedge,
If that guy comes around again ask for her phone number.......my bivvys bigger than yours AND theres nothing in my contract of employment saying i can't divulge!!!!!!!!!!!

S

Stewart Bloor

BN...the Odd Bodds and weirdos follow me everywhere I go..I can't get rid of them...hang on a tick, someones at the door...oh, it's Brummie Williams for his weekly therapy session...

G

gary magee

I,d love to go fishing with Wendy turner webster. then at least she,d have some idea whats going on before she opens her gob.

C

Carp Angler

Gary said "I,d love to go fishing with Wendy turner webster"

yes..... and use her as bait whilst shark fishing

L

Leon Foreman

Speaking of Gerri, is she really that big a phenonoma in the UK? Once again off the topic but interesting tough? Did she use a body double for her song "Its raining men"? Strange people these Celebs Have me thinking actually who my 5 year old son would think of as a hero in his teen years.

D

Dave Johnson

how old is she Paul?
looks OK for it anyway, and you could easily lose 48hours with her.......

P

Paul Williams

Dunno to be honest Dave, it's just that i have always thought she had the older look about her......now Emma "baby" i could disapear into a bivvy with for 48hrs....and i would real the rods in!!!!