Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who?

Leon Foreman Guest

Because of work I have been confined to my office slaving away on a new project for nights and days on end. The only “fishing” I can get in is those in my mind or visiting fishing websites. Although I am reeling in the troughs of withdrawals I could at least reminisce on my past fishing experiences. Thinking back, the greatest memories were with my Dad and this got me thinking. If you could choose one person to share a 48 Hour fishing trip with, who would it be and why? Why is it that no matter if that person is actually the greatest fisherman in the world it just seems to you that he is when you are sharing a swim?

Mark Frame Guest

matt hayes or des taylor or even the wife if i could get rid of the kids for that length of time

why?
    matt or des could teach me more about barbel fishing

the wife just in case the fish aint havin it

Ron Clay Guest

I would want to spend a fishing trip with Dick Walker again. Not that we might catch some big fish, but what an experience!!

In 48 hours I doubt if we would get any sleep. 48 hours solid conversation about subjects ranging from fishing to classical music and from politics to ferreting.

I had a talking session with the great man back in 1964 in his fishing Hut on the Upper Ouse at Thornton.

It started at 8 in the evening and went on to 3-30 the next morning. Then Dick went home and I went out and caught a 4 lb chub.

Happy Days

Carp Angler Guest

Where have you been Ron?
    I've missed you .......

Ron Clay Guest

Working unfortunately - visiting customers in Europe

Leon Foreman Guest

Want to trade places Ron?? )

Stewart Bloor Guest

Last week I was on one of my overnighters when a dog walker came along. He saw my Brotel, bedchair, sleeping bag etc and as we talked, he said 'you want to take a 17 year old nymphomaniac with you fishing in there'...next question he asked...'What do you do for a living then?'....I think he wished the ground would have opened up....
    (PS...I'm a Rev)....

Ron Clay Guest

Probabley Leon, Do you live in Maritzburg?

Leon Foreman Guest

Heavens Stewart, You really do run accross all sorts on your fishing expeditions How do you get people to fish with you? Apart from the fact that they might blank when fishing with you, they also run the risk of coffins, alliens and wildlife( and that is not only the animal kind)?

Leon Foreman Guest

Unfortuanatly not Ron, stuck on the East Rand. Maybe one day when I am all grown up Ill move away but then money talks and unfortuantly Money is only available in Gauteng

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast