What are your plans...

J

john conway

15th before dusk find a swim on the Ribble, then bang on mid-night, in goes two PVA bags of pellets, one per rod, with some special oil I'm working on, and away we go on another Barbel session on the Ribble. Might even take a stove and frying pan and cook up some bacon & egg, instead of the usual butties and biscuits, for breakfast.
So long as I'm home to make the tea on the 16th for our lass and hopefully the dogs haven't peed all over the floor, then everyone's a winner.

R

Richard Huggett 1

Gentlemen...I salute you. I'm surprised by the amount of river anglers...suprised but pleased to see it. I'll have to make do with a lake, but no worries...I shall be fishing and that's all that matters.

Good luck to you all...I mean that from the heart of my bottom.

J

jim turner

i will fishing at my best mates house, out of his back garden, onto the private estate lake, with carp to 30lbs. then get up early mornin bring in the rods walk to the other end of his garden the rove the river Lea for barbel. bet many of u wish u lived at his house!!! i do. good luck to all. jt.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have only just realised it's only just over a couple of weeks off. I've no proper plans, I don't know where I will be going, I don't know what baits to use, I haven't got me reels spooled up, I have'nt checked me tackle box. Dont panic,HELP!!!

J

john conway

Don?t worry Baz I?ve not re-spooled my river reels yet and my plans keep changing day by day, but I know come the day everything will fall into place and I?ll be back home on the Ribble and I?m looking forward to reawakening old acquaintances as well as making one or two new ones.

A

Ashe Hurst

Me! Booked a Day off work, Reason, 1st day of river season & MD OK with that, prob be out with me.
roving the River Cray from Old Mill in Old Bexley, Kent through to crayford, then settle down in the evening on the last fresh water stretch.

Got lots of quality Dace plenty of Chub around 2 to 3LBs and a few big Chub topping 4LBs, Roach to 2.12LBs +, Bream to 9LBs and Perch to 3LBs.

Hope to have a few fellow Anglers tag along, try several swims, pub lunch then rove some more. No rush, just taking in the river and its wildlife, Maybe a few fish too.

Walked the River Crasy today, part of my Job, Lucky Me. stuffed full of Dace and Chub through Hall Place.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Eh up John,
After a near 3 month lay off it has crept up on me and I was thinking I had plenty of time. You just watch that on the 16th it will seem as though we haven't stopped at all. Like you say, It will be good to see everyone again.

Andrew Shields

Reaction score
The daughter dosn't know it yet but she's staying off college to look after the "little un" on the 16th. While I'm off to trot the float down the Swale.

Daniel Matley

Reaction score
I don't normally take the 1st day of the season off work as the banks are usually heaving with anglers but this time I have, and to be honest I can't wait. Where will I be....on my favourite river, the Dane in search of Barbel.