Barbel Police

R

Richard Huggett 1

All together now...Stuart Bullard for Prime Minister !!!!

Matthew Black

Reaction score
Just a small question: Are the 'barbel police' part of the same section of our sport that sit inside bivvies with three or four rods set-up on pods and buzzers and things fishing our rivers during the close season while the EA, despite being advised of such wrong and illegal doings, choose to sit back and do sweet f..k all?

I wonder if the EA has a close season river section for illegal carp bivvy dwellers as well ... but I doubt it?

I'm off to catch some more stillwater barbel at The Glebe ... you really can't beat it ... and yes, we do have a close season!

Have fun ... I shall.

N

Nick Austin 2

There is definately an element of the River Fishing Fraternaty that like to make you feel that your catches are less worthwhile because of the tackle being used.

I found this out when i caught a double barble from the river kennet, i was using LIGHT gear, but because i used "carp" type rigs, scaled down, i was given some odd comments on another forum.

dont pay much attention though!.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Some people just cannot move with the times. If they were around when Richard Walker was coming up with all is inovative pieces of equipment they would proberbly put him down. They just need glasses for they are all shortsighted.

J

jason fisher

nick
I found this out when i caught a double barble from the river kennet, i was using LIGHT gear, but because i used "carp" type rigs, scaled down, i was given some odd comments on another forum.

ha haaa serves you right for goin on other forums.

N

Nick Austin 2

ye... i stick to this one one now jason..... much friendlier!...! hehaheha