Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

I was rummaging around in the loft the other day and came across a copy of a book entitled Rod and Stream by Arthur Sharp. It is dated 1928 and makes interesting (and amusing) reading. It's illustrated with black and white photographs of (presumably) Arthur in plus fours etc.

I would be interested to know any more info about the author and/or the book itself, or maybe it's actually worth anything!!

Graham,

I met his grandson (in his sixties) last month whilst on holiday in the USA. I just wish I could remember more about Authur Sharp. If I remember rightly he came from the Notts area, and wrote a number of books.They are not worth a lot, generally about 20 - 30.

There's a few copies on here,

http://www.abebooks.co.uk/

starting from 5 and up to 63 for a leather bound first edition.

Blog Entries

Mark,

Is that the same Arthur Sharp that wrote for the Boy's Own Paper in the late 20's and early 30's?

I seem to remember reading some of his articles on Winter Fishing some time ago.

Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers.

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary. ~

Patrick F. McManus