Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Hello All.
    I have miss lade my May addition of coarse fisherman mag looked everywhere, in it was a article on best camo clothing does anybody know what came out tops, looking for a 100% waterproof and very warm thinking of the 3/4 length shimano reatrees anybody got one.

Wolfman Woody Guest

CF don't do a "best choice" with their reviews.

3/4 Jacket given at 159.99

What is it with this camouflage stuff? We're not fighting Charlie in the Vietnam jungle. They even sell - "CAMOUFLAGED BUCKETS" now - spare me please!!!!

Gary Knowles 2 Guest

Actually the camo buckets are really useful for bank fishing pike anglers....

Blog Entries

Jeff,

Simply think back to the 70's and the ultra-cult specimen boys.

Now, simply substitute matt black everything for cammo gear.

Got it now?

b.t.w. Ron had a great idea for making a mint of money with his camouflaged toilet paper that has a picture of a carp on the outer wrapper, or Nashie or Hutchie et al.

Brilliant idea, as not only will it sell by the lorry loads but the anglers will probably loose it in the grass and have to buy even more.

There are no flies on that Mr. Clay!

Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers.

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary. ~

Patrick F. McManus

Wolfman Woody Guest

That's what worries me Peter. If all of this stuff is so camouflaged you might leave or lose half of your gear on the bank.

I remember Walker was always writing a being camouflaged and I worried for while that he'd have some terrible accidents. People would walk into him,. break an arm of a leg and say "Sorry mate, didn't see you."

It's not necessary!!!!! Look at Wilson wearing bright red pullovers. Fish don't see colours like we do so what's the point of camouflage? (ie: look at the colour of a tiger!)

Wolfman Woody Guest

Oh, and remember that great camouflage technique from the First World War - DAZZLE!

Paintings of bridges and wild stripey zig-zag stuff on the side of ships.

Laurie Harper Guest

The idea of "camouflage" always intrigues me. If you think about it, a fish looking upwards out of the water sees light and the sky. Therefore, all these dark "camo" colours are nothing of the sort. We must stand out like sore thumbs (unless we're standing in front of vegetation). We should be wearing light grey, duck-egg blue (the colour they paint the underside of aircraft), etc. Make sense to anyone?

Makes sense to me Laurie, my dog can't see a cat if it is stationary in front of him, but as soon as there is movement he's off after it. Its the same with fish, movement will spook them, Camo's catching a lot of anglers though!!

Wolfman Woody Guest

I agree as well. I put it Daiwa's people years ago to make a pole finished in pearlescent white rather than black. I believed that the fish would object less with something pale haning over them. Never got anywhere with it as you can see, all poles still come in black like Ron's old Model 'T'.

Wasn't it Dick Walker that said the only colour fish can't see from below is white. I used to paint all my floats white with black tops on the basis that D.W. is always right. Can't be bothered now but that doesn't mean he wasn't right does it?

Politicians, like diapers, have to be changed frequently - and for the very same reason

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast