The Individual Intersite Championships?

chavender

Reaction score
Ilkeston ,derbyshire ,great britain ,earth ,The un
The Individual Intersite Championships
as Throughout the course of this year there have been some plans and discusions centering around 'the match of all matches' - The Individual Intersite Championships

This match has already attracted the attention of what could be some major prize sponsorship with offers of some serious prizes and to date if all that has been promised is received it will add to what promises to be a good day out.

This is to be an individual event on a 100 peg lake near Barston in the West Midlands on Saturday 18th September 2004 and it is open to all participating teams within the Intersite Challenge with participants from each website:
BUT ONLY THOSE SITES THAT PUT FORWARD A TEAM IN THE REGIONAL ROUNDS OT THE INTERSITE CHALLENGE CAN ATTEND !!?
AnglingForums, Total-Fishing , Talking Angling , Maggotdrowners.

now i thought that this was a little unfair to OTHER members
of OTHER significant forum based web sites that may have wanted too or was unable to get a full squad to fish one or more of the regional heats but would never the less would like
to send some individual members to represent their sites in a Individual Intersite Championships so i have raised the piont on the relavent forums and mine isnt the only voice out there sticking up for the right to fish for the honour of a members own site in The Individual Intersite Championships .

so i thought would guage the responce of this forums members that as things aint set in stone how many would like to take part and fish in the championship so if you
are interseted please indicate so on this thread as i can then use that infomation to prove that all sites should be included.its upto you guys as im a member on all the sites involved i'l fight for your right to take part in what after all is a friendly match between members of verious internet forum
based angling web sites.

chavender

Reaction score
now i know graham is laid up ill and if any
thing can be sorted out we would need someone to take charge in grahams absence to organise things officaly on behalf of the fishing magic site prefably someone who knows about matchfishing, i don't mind liasing between the other sites as im a member of all of them and can check with
the organisers and keeping the relavent person (fishing magics organiser/captain)
informed but i dont have any experiance in
match fishing but will help anyway i can i
will gather what info i can and pass it on.
interseted please indicate so on this thread as i can then use that infomation to prove that all sites should be included.its upto you guys i'l fight for your right to take part in what after all is a friendly match between members of the verious internet forum based angling web sites.

chavender

Reaction score
i've spoken to the organisers of the intersite series and they have explaind that The Individual Intersite Championship is a match that is for those that have taken part of the team event as a kind of benifit for making the effort to be involved ect.i agree that they have put in a lot of effort into these matches and deserve it.and for this year we arn't able to go BUT there's alway next year.now there as been a good sugestion that any web site that is unable for whatever reason are unable to field a full team of their own COULD join Forces And Fish under A Single Banner and get to fish these matches IN A SPIRIT OF Co-OPERATION between the web sites AND fish for the honour of there own sites,until say such a time as they are able to field their own full sqads these MATCES are A great opertunity to meet others from the
verious sites and even their own sites and have a laugth and a good days fishing and perhaps get a bit of experiance in the
open match scene in a friendly envierment.i think its a good
idea to pool together members of verious sites and give them a chance to fish a match which is ineffect an intersite mass getogether.their has been a little seculation as to what name a combined team would adopt to fish under if one is
formed IDEAS so far ARE "Foreign Legion" or "mis-fits" or maybe there's better sugestions to come.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

I think FM have fished the inter-site match in the past .........

chavender

Reaction score
hi Nick Austin 2 i was on another forum and
The Individual Intersite Championships was
mentioned so i asked if all sites where to
be able to take part and after a few words and enquires it turns out that only those
who have fished in the team events can fish
in the Individual round,the organisers said
that if fishingmagic wanted to take part in next years Intersite Championships BUT
was unable to field a full teams of ten to
contest the regional rounds then if we wanted we could join forces with other sites that may strugle to raise a full squad and fish under one banner so to speak
as a combined team and as sush we could fish the rounds that we could cover ie 1 or
2 and the Individual round of cause .these
matches are a friendly affair a bit of fun
and a way of meeting other members and have
a bit of banter.it seams that fishingmagic
and coarse-fisherman.co.uk and other small
sites didn't take part this year and so i thought id guage the responce to possably
getting a team together with one or more of
the other sites ie coarse-fisherman.co.uk
and have some fun taking on the other sites
like AnglingForums, Total-Fishing , Talking Angling , Maggotdrowners. we may not be able to fish all the reganal heats
north,south,east,west and posably midlands
but if we take part in at least one or two
that would be great these intersite matches
/ get-togethers are loads of fun and even
sometimes get in the press.so if anyone is
interested in setting up a team with the members of coarse-fisherman.co.uk and taking on the other web sites.then answer on here i know that there is intrest on the
coarse-fisherman.co.uk site.

E

Why not post it on the Match Fishing section ???

E

Oooops sorry I see you already have .......

P

Phil Hatton

We put a team up for this last year, we fished round one and did OK, we put 1/2 a team up for round two and nothing for round three. To be honest the overall response seem to indicate that there were not many match-orientated members on FM. Perhaps that's changed since the Match forum came about, I couldn't say but good luck any way.