Angling America

S

steve watson

Here in the states all walks of people go fishing ,lots of women too.Its just considered to be a natural pastime.We do have our serious fishermen to just like in blighty,just that they target different species.They prefer to catch what they call sport fish which are usually predators,Largemouth,smallmouth bass,crappies etc.Competition angling also has a lot more money involved also running into hundreds and thousands of dollars,tackle manufacturers are more involved in sponsoring large events,beats me why they dont in the UK.Greed maybe?Some of the sea angling events are unreal with the cash prizes,pretty much like the golf circuit.Now i hate to upset anybody but Carp really are very lowdown on the ladder as they breed so easily and just take over.Pretty much considered useless over here even called mudsuckers.Did you know the world record carp was caught here in the south in North Carolina ?Over 90lbs in a place outside of Charlotte.Catfish are considered to be more of a sport fish than carp.Roach are used for livebait and called shiners and no one fishes for them.You know i even fish for the catfish using mixers[floaters].Reminds me of carping back home!The only problem though is trying to keep the turtles away from em>.On the other subject there is a lot of free fishing in fact most of it.You just need a state licence,which is a good deal when you think that a state is as big as the uk.You only need a licence if you are lure fishing if you are bait fishing you dont need one,unreal eh!