Yellow Line ?

Charlie Boy

Reaction score
Been watching a bit of TV and I have seen Mr Matt Hayes fishing with yellow line on more than one occasion, anyone got any ideas what make / brand it is ?

Cheers

R

Ron Troversial Clay

I have used yellow line in the past, mainly for Large Mouth Bass fishing. It was Stren. It helped you see the takes.

alan strickland

Reaction score
TFG also do a marker braid in yellow,think its called banana braid might of been that he was using

L

Laurie Harper

I'v got some yellow Berkely braid on a centrepin that I use for trotting long distances for chub/barbel. It's very easy to see and lifts off the surface very swiftly when you strike. I use a long hooklength of conventional mono, attached just beneath the float by a micro swivel, to avoid any chance of spooking fish. Works well.

J

jason fisher

i can see the point of brightly coloured line in sea fishing where the fish haven't been caught before but it will be a complete waste of time in coarse fishing.
all those line shy fish will get out of the river and run off across the field screaming as soon as they see it.

I

Ian Whittaker 1

Gotta disagree on that one Jason.
I use 8lb yellow stren for winching livies and happily use the same spool fishing for tench and bream etc whilst waiting for the witching hour.The colour doesn't seem to worry the fish.

Charlie Boy

Reaction score
I just liked the look of it, but I will give it a go for trotting and use the long hooklink method, cheers Laurie

Charlie Boy

Reaction score
Well, I got some 4lb Yellow Berkley Braid, tried it out trotting, fantastic. The line lays on the surface and it is so supple and easy to correct I think my bait presentation was improved because a small river I have been fishing on and off since I was 12 has just given me my 1st 4lb Chub. So I thank all you gentlemen, especially Laurie, who pointed me in the right direction, cheers and have a drink on me !

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Wouldnt another colour have done the same ?

J

jason fisher

well i sit here very surprised, i do wonder though how long it will continue to work on the same fish.

J

jason fisher

well i sit here very surprised, i do wonder though how long it will continue to work on the same fish.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

You had posts going missing ---now they are adding them for you