Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Foggy avon``s

Anyone know of a way to keep avon type scales mist free?
    I fish the ribble into dark and keep my scales and weigh sling out ready hung on a bank stick,problem is they keep misting up on the inside making them hard to read.
    An easy way round it would be to keep them in the wallet but i like to have eavything out ready so the fish are out of the water for the shortest time possible.
    Is there something i could spray on the inside of the glass?

Have you tried anti mist what you can put on a car windscreen Alan, or wipe the glass with neat washing up liquid.

Wolfman Woody Guest

If you can get to the inside theirs an old divers trick and cheap too.

Gob on it!

jason fisher Guest

as far as i know the only way to stop this is to keep moisture away from em.
    which is impossible on the bank at night unless you keep em in their wallet.

If they are misting up on the inside doesn't this imply that there is moisture already inside them which is condensing on to the lens?

I appreciate that they are not sealed at all so moist air can get inside, but have you tried leaving them in an airing cupboard overnight to drive out any excess moisture?

I used to keep my Avons in a cloth money bag obtained from a bank, don't remember having the same problem, maybe just a simple cover of some sort would do the trick.

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one) Guest

or keep some of those silica gel crystals in the wallet with them

Alternatively, try this address for a replacement set in full real tree cammo.
    Clay-carpinnovations.com

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA) Guest

Top tip for scratches on the face - rub with vey fine wet & dry(2000) & then rub gently with T-cut. Works a treat.

(attributed to Barbule on BFW)