huntingdon, cambs

laurence journet

Reaction score
hi all,
im visitng family in huntingdon soon any ideas of rivers or fisheries where we might have a good day,
cheers,

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Sorry I can't be of any help to you Laurence, but as you probably know we are in the period of time when most people are on holliday, so you may have to wait for a bit of help.

Y

yoggy

hi mate..what do you prefere rivers or fisheries?,,the ouse is nearby and thats always worth a crack,and there are plenty of fisheries within the outskirts,plus some really good gravel pits about an hr away..let me know what you prefere and i"ll be more specific with details and directions ,,etc..regards.

laurence journet

Reaction score
hi yoggy,
i would prefer river or fisheries and something close to huntingdon would be great , many thanks laurence

S

spyder55

laurence,
there are numerous still waters around huntingdon, firstly there is cromwell lake, approx 1 mile from town.
tickets from stanjay tackle at godmanchester
(he`s part owner)?5.00, heavy stocks of tench ,carp up 25lb+,good bream and silver fish.(many a pole smashed on this lake).
Abbots Ripton approx 4 miles from huntingdon, 3 lakes , Holland Wood ,favoured by the carp angler,Wild goose leys , carp pushing 20lb good size bream , plenty of silver fish, Brooklands, big holding of bream, carp to 15lb+, crucian 3lb+, grass carp 8lb+ stacks of silver fish.this lake being favoured by many but not always easy.
Tickets from abbotts ripton post office ?5.00. What ever you choose, ENJOY.

Y

yoggy

Sorry for delay Laurence had a bereavment in family,,give me a few day i"ll get back to you,,regards.

C

Chris Bishop

Try the Ouse, there are some good stretches downstream all the way to Ely. If you want to go a bit further (hour's drive...) they've been getting 60lbs bream and roach bags on the King's Lynn stretch at Ten Mile Bank and there are some good tench in there.

R

Ron Troversial Clay

Yes, Chris, the Fens are producing some remarkable angling at the moment. I see a good few very big pike coming out of fenland this autumn and winter.

ashley welford

Reaction score
hi there im ashley, im 16 and wanting to get a membership for the 3 lakes in abbots ripton. wondering if you can help me? i want to know about about brooklands and wild goose leys. i have fished them before and they are very impressive. lovely fishing. tight lines

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Ashley

You'd be betterasking your question by starting your ownnew thread -- this one is over 5 years old ....