Amazon

T

tom riordan

My vacuvin came after three days from amazon, they are another online company I will use again.

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
Trawling the net this morning, came across an identical set to Vacuvin, (no make given), all items could only be purchased seperately, for the Vacuvin set off Amazon at ?9.97, the total price off this particular site for the same items was

.................?34.49.................

R

Rodney Wrestt

Merv, that's why I thought I'd do my review and have the Vacuvin site added to the list of brands on the product section of the site.

After searching the net for ages for a decent priced baitpump, Amazon had the best deal around, so I added the link to my review, I also saw the tackle shops selling them at the prices you've mentioned, they charge up to ?20 for 1 pump from the Vacuvin set.

R

Rodney Wrestt

Not really Merv, I don't think anyone noticed my review, all this followed on from Grahams one on the coffee saver.

I just thought I'd do my bit to help other members wanting to save some money, just like others have done with baits like pellets and particles etc.

N

Nige Sharp

We are currently offering a top quality 0.5ltr vacuvin bait pump for ?12.00 delivered direct to your door, anywhere in the uk.
See website for further details
www.nwbaits.co.uk

Tight Lines!

J

Jeff Woodhouse (AKA Cheeky Monkey, Spud, Jay Dubya

Strangely enough, I never did press that final button and order one.

I've been using Dynamite's new pellets recently - review later.

Y

yoggy

The reason Amazon is a good company and gives 1st class service is because of its courier.....ROYAL MAIL!!!!!!!!!!!! We`ve been slagged off something chronic in the past.......but does anyone pick the good points up...not on yer life!!!

J

Jeff Woodhouse (AKA Cheeky Monkey, Spud, Jay Dubya

Yoggy - I'll support you any day. RM has always done it for me.

Providing your package is well wrapped, protected and addressed etc., it gets there.

Thank you!

B

Barry Edney

Sorry Yoggy, Royal Mail get slagged off because they deserve it.

I ordered a camera from Amazon and after waiting weeks for it to be dispatched they put the wrong postcode on the package. Instead of SE16 they put SE1. The package went back to the Camden depot. I called and said I would pick the package up from Camden depot first thing the next day. When I gets there I'm informed that it isn't there and must have been sent to Charlton depot as they deliver to SE16. So the man at Camden calls man at Charlton to tell him I'll be there Monday morning to collect the package. When I get to Charlton Monday morning the package isn't there! So he calls Camden and it isn't there either. AND there is no record, on thier print-out, of where it was sent to from Camden. After another 2 weeks it turns up back at Amazon! They dispatched the item again and when I didn't receive it after a couple of days I called Amazon to check that they changed the postcode and they hadn't! Cancelled there and then and went down Dixons and bought one from there.

Sorry, but Royal Mail are just as bad as all the others. (I know, Amazons cock-up is the route of this saga.) I'll never have confidence in RM again after sending me on a goose-chase all over London!

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
I recently ordered a large item from Amazon,notified it had been despached, a week later still not received, turns out it was stuck in DHL depot 4 miles from me, and had been for 5 days, their excuse a driver off sick.

Item was damaged, sent back under Amazon returns policy, again notified new one had been despached, arrived the NEXT day by Royal Mail.

Royal Mail for me every time, but if it's to be a courier, Amtrax.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Royal Mail is DEFINITELY number one for me too ...

Never had a problem with them

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Peter using pellets, Ron using bolt rigs for carp - what next?

Do you think I could use the standard vacuvin for this?

Last question.Dont the expanded pellts break down given they are infused with water?

Y

yoggy

Barry,sorry mate ,disagree!!.The best postal service in the world and THATS OFFICIAL!!!.97% OF 1ST CLASS MAIL GETS THERE NEXT DAY!!!.How can that be bad,considering the millions of letters we handle everyday.Ok,You had a very bad experience,but if Amazon had done their job properly in the first place,you wouldn`t have had the hassle.Royal mail isn`t perfect,and its only the bad mistakes people tend to pick up on.Last xmas i delivered a Xmas card from New Zealand all the card had on it was the name of the person [Christian name only] and the town where this person lived!!!!.But through sheer detective work and a bit of local knowledge this person received the card and photos from his sister!!!!!!!!.And we get letters and packets like this every single day,but ARE delivered,and nothing is said about these whatsoever.You brits dont know you`re born,go and live abroad and taste the delivery services over there..you`ll be bloody shocked.For the price of a 30p stamp you get a letter delivered anywhere in the country...a bloody bargain,and if anyone thinks they can do it cheaper.....you`re welcome to try.

B

Barry Edney

As you say Yoggy, its always the cock-ups people remember.

Maybe if you were the delivery driver around my way the package would have been delivered. Any driver in SE1 worth his salt should know my address in SE16. They are niehbouring postcodes, and yet the driver supposedly had the package on for 3 days and still couldn't bothered to deliver it. It was addressed 'Rotherhithe Street, SE1.' He only had to look at the label and make a 10 minute detour to get the package delivered. Instead, he took it back to the depot and said he couldn't find the address! 3 times!!

Y

yoggy

I can understand where you`re coming from Barry.Unfortunately,its the bad workers that give us good ones a bad name!!!!

I can assure you we`re not all like that :)

Ivan

Reaction score
Royal Mail an absolute shambles down here in my part of kent - lost count of the number of times things have been left at the depot all week before they pay some overtime and get them delivered over the weekend - just go down the post office now and hassle them and it eventually gets produced from a pile out back.

Delivery times seem to be random from 0700 to 1400 and (given the huge amount of junk mail I get _ not RMs fault I know) rather conspicuous days where I and my neigbours all get nowt on the same day.

Seems patchy because my parents in Essex have none of these problems............