How do you get that fishy smell off your fingers?

George Wilson

Reaction score
i find i need to wash my hands a good four or five times to get the fishy smell off my hands.

any tricks?

R

Ron Troversial Clay

After doing what George?

Now you have opened yourself up for some classic comments. Wait whilst The Monk and Eddie get onto this thread..... :eek:)

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
But don't forget this isn't in the Baitbox!

R

Ron Troversial Clay

Sorry Graham.

You should be proud of smelling a bit fishy George. It means you have had a successful session.

Matthew Black

Reaction score
Yes, but I've been told by Graham that I must behave myself or else I'll be blacklisted ... again!

So, George, I know exactly what you mean as I use a lot of fishmeal based groundbait in my unsuccessful match fishing career.

But, I've worked out a solution ... and it's exactly that!

After fishing and on returning home, wash your hands, and them rub a few drops of any concentrated fruity flavour on your hands (such as banana, peneapple, strawberry etc.) and then wash your hands again ... and you become 'fruity' which is much more appealing to your better half.

I prefer to retain the 'fishy' aroma as it reminds me of days gone by when I actually used to catch something when I sat on the bank!

Hope that helps ... and it does work.

D

david bruce 1

George
Boots (larger stores and probably all good kitchen stores) sell a product (cannot recall it's name)which is a piece of stainless steel with a rough surface and is shaped like a piece of soap. It is sold in the kitchen dept (hence large stores - I got mine in Chester after some discussion with staff who eventually knew what I wanted)it is sold to remiove the smeel from hands after gutting and preparing fish. It really does work. Just wash your hands with it as if soap and then all you have to do is rinse it and it goes on for years. I picked it up from a discussion board on piking when the problem was smelly rotten fish baits.

F

Fred Bonney

I've got one of the stainless still thingies,picked it up in Morrisons,it works.
?1.60 I think

John Jones

Reaction score
I always carry a tube of 'baby wipes'. Not perfect but you can wipe the worst of the gunge off your fingers. It means I can eat my sarnies without them getting covered in fish slime or overpowered by the smell of halibut oil.

T

The Monk

I often have severe problems with a fishing smell on my hands, not wishing to go into too many technicalities and bearing in mind that this isnt the bait box, I`ve often found the best solution comes from the cycle shops, in the form of a dry lemon hand cleaner, once rubbed on the hands it removes most oily stains and leaves you with a nice fresh smell.

M

Mel Crighton

Lemon Juice laced bread crumbs, works wonders and when finished with you can feed the ducks. no waste ecology friendly.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

I think Graham did a write up on here about those stainless steel things ages ago ........

Murray Rogers

Reaction score
I've got one of the stainless things Ed, and they sort of work,,,, they get rid of onion smell and that, but they've got no chance on me clothing after a day at Blenhiem with the Bream, cos that is just a fecking gross smell!!!!!!

J

jason fisher

oh the oportunities lost but for a small accident of placement!

get every type of soap you've got in the house and wash your hands once with each one of em, failing that swarfega some times works.

C

Cakey

Roach thats the one that makes me feel yuk
but ive found that a handful of grass does the trick