Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

i find i need to wash my hands a good four or five times to get the fishy smell off my hands.

any tricks?

Ron Troversial Clay Guest

After doing what George?

Now you have opened yourself up for some classic comments. Wait whilst The Monk and Eddie get onto this thread..... )

But don't forget this isn't in the Baitbox!

Ron Troversial Clay Guest

Sorry Graham.

You should be proud of smelling a bit fishy George. It means you have had a successful session.

Yes, but I've been told by Graham that I must behave myself or else I'll be blacklisted ... again!

So, George, I know exactly what you mean as I use a lot of fishmeal based groundbait in my unsuccessful match fishing career.

But, I've worked out a solution ... and it's exactly that!

After fishing and on returning home, wash your hands, and them rub a few drops of any concentrated fruity flavour on your hands (such as banana, peneapple, strawberry etc.) and then wash your hands again ... and you become 'fruity' which is much more appealing to your better half.

I prefer to retain the 'fishy' aroma as it reminds me of days gone by when I actually used to catch something when I sat on the bank!

Hope that helps ... and it does work.

david bruce 1 Guest

George
    Boots (larger stores and probably all good kitchen stores) sell a product (cannot recall it's name)which is a piece of stainless steel with a rough surface and is shaped like a piece of soap. It is sold in the kitchen dept (hence large stores - I got mine in Chester after some discussion with staff who eventually knew what I wanted)it is sold to remiove the smeel from hands after gutting and preparing fish. It really does work. Just wash your hands with it as if soap and then all you have to do is rinse it and it goes on for years. I picked it up from a discussion board on piking when the problem was smelly rotten fish baits.

Put some lemon juice in the water when you wash your hands.

Politicians, like diapers, have to be changed frequently - and for the very same reason

Fred Bonney Guest

I've got one of the stainless still thingies,picked it up in Morrisons,it works.
    1.60 I think

I always carry a tube of 'baby wipes'. Not perfect but you can wipe the worst of the gunge off your fingers. It means I can eat my sarnies without them getting covered in fish slime or overpowered by the smell of halibut oil.

The Monk Guest

I often have severe problems with a fishing smell on my hands, not wishing to go into too many technicalities and bearing in mind that this isnt the bait box, I`ve often found the best solution comes from the cycle shops, in the form of a dry lemon hand cleaner, once rubbed on the hands it removes most oily stains and leaves you with a nice fresh smell.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast