New EA River Levels website

thx1138

Reaction score
Apologies if this has already been posted..

The Environment Agency has launched a new online river and sea levels service. This basically gives you the 'Rivercall' information free of charge.
Click here to take a look.

Click on the bits of the map you are interested in, and then you can zoom in to the individual gauging site that is closest to your desired fishing location. Not all sites are live, but search around and you'll find a reliable one. Handy text version for internet phone users too.

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
Nice link James.

Shame about my poor old Derbyshire Trent though...

ChartImage.jpg

About as low as it goes by the look of it.

thx1138

Reaction score
Well publicised EA!

I found out about it because I work for the EA, and it is adverstised today on our internal 'intranet' site for staff.

I also know that the EA is subject to advertising and marketing restrictions at the moment due to the budget restrictions / reviews, so perhaps that is why it hasnt been so widely publicised.

Sean Meeghan

Reaction score
That's really useful as it gives a 48 hour reading and includes some sites not given on RiverCall.

Now all we need is a temperature reading......

Reaction score
Now all we need is a temperature reading......

and could they tell us where the fish are please. Oh, and while they're at it, could they tell us whether the fish are spawning or not and where the spawning beds are. Oh, and another thing, it would be good if they could tell us whether the river is choked with weed or whether there are big flotillas of weed coming down.

But the levels will be useful for now I suppose.

andy nellist

Reaction score
A big thanks James - now on my favourites and will be regularly used this winter

honslow

Reaction score
Very, very useful. Worryingly it looks as though we're locked in the beginnings of a severe drought.... Raindance anyone?

honslow

Reaction score
Must have been the droughtdance I performed while listening to Rage Against The Machine at Download.....

coelacanth

Reaction score
Very, very useful. Worryingly it looks as though we're locked in the beginnings of a severe drought.... Raindance anyone?

And yet when I got back from fishing on Saturday, three of the tssers where I live had covered the road in suds again from washing their ego substitutes, and another still had the sprinklers going on the lawn. Last night's flush through won't have done much to help either, just hope all the fry on the Ribble are still there.

honslow

Reaction score
You've had some rain in the north west? United Utilities were talking over the weekend about applying to the EA for drought orders to take water from rivers and lakes....

coelacanth

Reaction score
You've had some rain in the north west? United Utilities were talking over the weekend about applying to the EA for drought orders to take water from rivers and lakes....

Hammered it down last night, started properly just as I was finishing on the Ribble around 9.30 and actually woke us up during the night, but it won't have made any long-term difference. The bait boxes I left out to get a wash had a good .5" in. The little river I live next to was up a couple of inches, although it had obviously been further up during the night.
Oddly, one of the reservoirs I fish has filled noticeably in recent weeks in spite of no appreciable rain, I can only assume UU are releasing less compensation water into the River Yarrow in preparation for a dry Summer.

honslow

Reaction score
Nah! That river's clearly got 5cm of water in it!!!

Reaction score
It's not exactly kept up to date.

The Ribble is still showing the reading from 0715 yesterday morning. There will have been 3 other readings taken since then.