Your help please, gents.

R

Richard Huggett 1

I'm looking for as much information as I can get about the captor and the capture of the British rod caught record eel. Anybody know Steve Terry ? What's he doing now ? Any photos of the fish would be appreciated....I have the one of Steve posing with the fish, but that's all. I'd like to know that fish's whereabouts now.

Thinking caps on, lads..

Steve Hammatt

Reaction score
I tried a quick search on Google, Richard, and it didn't come up with much.

It did find a thread on the RMC Angling forums where someone claimed that he was fishing for carp when he caught it. Maybe you knew that anyway, but I thought I'd pass it on.

R

Richard Huggett 1

Thanks Steve...as far as I know Steve was carp fishing when he hooked the big snig, on a lobworm bait.

Thanks anyways mate,

Rich

B

Big Rik

luncheon meat floatfished in the margins on a size 6 hook to 8lb line.

The cased fish was in Ringwood tackle and in the Fish-Inn next door.
Don't know where it is now, but I'll ask next time I'm in there.

Steve Hammatt

Reaction score
It might be worth trying to ring the fishery and ask them if they know anything more, if you haven't tried this already.

Their phone number is 01703 293376.

B

Big Rik

not sure where you got that number from Steve as that phone code went out of date about 10 years ago.

It's also the wrong area, it's a Southampton code and the 29 means it's an Ashurst number.

I don't know any members of the syndicate that live in Ashurst, unless you're getting it mixed up with Kingfisher lake in Totton, which is now also a syndicate and called Testwood lake (I think)

Steve Hammatt

Reaction score
not sure where you got that number from Steve as that phone code went out of date about 10 years ago.

Hmm. Sorry about that. Well the same number is posted on three different websites for the details of Kingfisher Lake nr Ringwood, Hants. So I guess they're all wrong.

Just shows how you shouldn't believe everything you read on websites :(

R

Richard Huggett 1

Had a look at that site....no mention of a Steve Terry at all. I'll fone in the morning though and give it a try.
Thanks all....more ??

R

Rod MacAskill

I am sure I remember reading that the captor put the eel up for sale a couple of years ago. My wife has a colleague at work who is either related or acquainted with the captor I believe.However she is on leave at the moment for a week but I will try and glean as much info as I can regarding this on her return

N

Nigel Moors 2

Going by the 'what counts' thread surely this eel doesn't count as the captor was fishing for carp?

Not my thoughts actually but thought I'd throw it in there.