Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Richard Huggett 1 Guest

I'm looking for as much information as I can get about the captor and the capture of the British rod caught record eel. Anybody know Steve Terry ? What's he doing now ? Any photos of the fish would be appreciated....I have the one of Steve posing with the fish, but that's all. I'd like to know that fish's whereabouts now.

Thinking caps on, lads..

I tried a quick search on Google, Richard, and it didn't come up with much.

It did find a thread on the RMC Angling forums where someone claimed that he was fishing for carp when he caught it. Maybe you knew that anyway, but I thought I'd pass it on.

Richard Huggett 1 Guest

Thanks Steve...as far as I know Steve was carp fishing when he hooked the big snig, on a lobworm bait.

Thanks anyways mate,

Rich

Big Rik Guest

luncheon meat floatfished in the margins on a size 6 hook to 8lb line.

The cased fish was in Ringwood tackle and in the Fish-Inn next door.
    Don't know where it is now, but I'll ask next time I'm in there.

It might be worth trying to ring the fishery and ask them if they know anything more, if you haven't tried this already.

Their phone number is 01703 293376.

Richard Huggett 1 Guest

Lovely stuff, thanks guys....any more ?

Big Rik Guest

not sure where you got that number from Steve as that phone code went out of date about 10 years ago.

It's also the wrong area, it's a Southampton code and the 29 means it's an Ashurst number.

I don't know any members of the syndicate that live in Ashurst, unless you're getting it mixed up with Kingfisher lake in Totton, which is now also a syndicate and called Testwood lake (I think)

not sure where you got that number from Steve as that phone code went out of date about 10 years ago.

Hmm. Sorry about that. Well the same number is posted on three different websites for the details of Kingfisher Lake nr Ringwood, Hants. So I guess they're all wrong.

Just shows how you shouldn't believe everything you read on websites

Maybe it'd be best to phone up Ringwood tackle in the week. They've got a website at www.ringwood-tackle.co.uk and you can phone them at 01425 475155

Perhaps they'll know something.

Richard Huggett 1 Guest

Had a look at that site....no mention of a Steve Terry at all. I'll fone in the morning though and give it a try.
    Thanks all....more ??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast