Lowest points in angling

I

Iain Wishart

my low point was pike fishing when i was just a kid. I was fell down the bank and hooked myself in the head with a treble hook. Luckly i was not alone and my mate tried to unhook me....he failed. Eventually i was taken to the local hospital and remember sitting in Casulty with a Shakespeare Big S plug attached to my scalp. The nurse was very good, she injected my head with local anathestic and used wire cutters to cut the hook off and unhook me.
this is a true story and i still get relapses when i see a Big S plug!!!!

P

paul clarke

luckily this didn't happen to me but to a mate who accidently tipped approx one and a half pints of prime white maggots into the boot of his car with the resulting "fly explosion" two days later making the car undriveable .......

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
That's reminded me of one of my low points when we had 10 gallons of maggots on the roof of a cruiser in Ireland, and the lids were left off and it rained overnight. Five of us woke up the next morning sharing our sleeping bags and the whole of the cruiser with tens of thousands of maggots.

K

Kevan Farmer

Iain. People actually pay for that sort of thing now you know.......... :)

M

MALC DOYLE

my lowest point is about now. i should be fishing an evenning match on a local canal with skimmers and bream 1 a chuck, instead i'm sat here waiting for a sewage repair man to come and stop S**T pumping into my concervatrie, and to make it worse my so called mate keeps texting me saying how well its fishing. AINT LIFE GREAT

A

Alan Roe

My lowest point is also about now as I realise that my beloved rivers are almost certainly not going to open this year due to the grossly incompetent way in which the Foot And Mouth epidemic has been so grossly mishandled by all concerned.

From The Islington Lovies that laughingly pass for a government through to the late and unlamented MAFF we have all been let down as personal power and business interests have been given priority over the needs of the countryside.

The crass arrogance and ignorance of our so called leaders simply beggars belief ordinary people are being ruined by the sheer incompetence that has typified the handling of this crisis.

The vested interests of of powerful agribusiness companies and the drive to get elected have combined to see the needs of thousands of ordinary people sacrificed.

The pitiful sight of the new minister of the Countryside visiting a 'Northern'market town (wasn't that gracefull of her to come up from London to find the North!!) And waffling for the television cameras about a situation that she comprehends little or nothing about was sickening.

Stop patronising us all and get on with the job in hand with whatever measures need using and get it sorted out.