Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Philip Inzani Guest

I was just reading another thread and I think it was Rik who said holding a pole in the rain has got to be on of the lowest points in angling. It got me thinking, what would you put as your lowest point ?

For me its packing up in heavy rain especially if a bivvy is involved.....you get soaked, kit gets soaked, car gets soaked, then you have to dry the whole lot out when you get home. I live in an apartment as well, so no garden, not fun....but I always seem to return for more!

Rob Brownfield Guest

I once travelled 160 miles to a Scottish carp water, only to have discovered I had left my boilies at home. I was not impressed as you cant just nip into a local tackle shop and buy them.
    I ended up using bread...and caught nothing!

Chris Bishop Guest

I went to the beach once without any bait when I lived in Devon.

I was was rummaging through the bins in the car park, wondering if anyone had slung any away when they'd finished, when this bloke came up, gave me a fiver and said: "Go on mate, get yourself a decent meal with that..."

Paul Williams Guest

I settled into a swim on Linch hill one night for a couple of days roaching i had at least 10 pints of loverly fat maggots with me.
    It was peeing down and i was tired so i decided to bait up the swim but not fish untill first light.
    This i did and retired to the bivvy, i was up and ready to get stuck in just before light so i decided to lightly top up the swim and get down to some fishing.....i reached for the maggots and was struck speachless, i hadn't put the top back on properly and rain had got in.....i had 2 maggots left!!!!!!......i went home and kicked **it out of the dog's!!!!!!!

David Will Guest

Joining Ruislip AS and having a ball on Savay for Tench that were unfished for and finding out the club were kicked off the next season.
    Finding out that not every water contained a mythical uncaught monster.
    This winter having found a good Pike water and not being able to fish it due to first the rain and then F & M

Jonathan Faro Guest

I think mine was when my local river was almost wiped out by pollution.

Jon

Andy Rooke Guest

hi
    one of mine was one night when i was fishing for a couple of nights on a local hampshire water, i saw a few fish moving so i opted for that swim. any way it was about 11 am and had a cople of bleeps i woke up and decide to have a fag a switched my headlamp on to find that my pop up tub was floating i realised what had happened my profil had about half a foot of water in my profile worse to that there was loads of maggots crawling in my brolly all over the sides i was not amused, at least i had a 20 plus common which i was a bit happier
    andy

Rob Mortimer Guest

My lowest point was being told my 4lb 2 oz crucian couldn't be accepted as a british record because the photos weren't clear enough at the time i was gutted [two years ago]because what are the odds of any of us actually catching a record fish?
    but now i just look at it as one hell of a PB

Kevan Farmer Guest

A few years ago I went through the blank spell of hell. For two years solid I caught nothing. It was at this point that I became a born again 'back to basics' angler. I changed my outlook entirely and settled down to catch whatever came my way instead of big barbel or carp. I'm now genuinely happy to catch gudgeon and small roach from the local canal. I really do not understand people who target single fish and will go without a bite for months on end just for this one particular fish.

Jonathan Faro Guest

Kevan even at my tender young age of 18 I can realise that 90% of fisherman can take head of what you've just said. Remeber as a kid you where happy caching anything, I was from the rivers round where I live. By all means have a target fish. I hope to see let alone catch a monster chub I saw a few years ago but sadly I think it was killed in the aformentioned pollution accident. However I'll be happy on the bank as long as theres no annoying people about with whatever, my whip, my float/light ledger rod or my carp rod for that big fish that supposidly lives in the lake, I'm sure it does having seen it jump once.

Jon

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast