Nicknames

R

Rodney Wrestt

"And Rodney Wrestt isn't your real name, I would never have guessed it."

Sorry Jeff,
might change it to Rodney Podd as I'm getting on a bit, although your mug shot's not that accurate either is it, photo from your youth? :eek:)

M

MaNick

Also, many of us who did have out original pictures and names up changed them when Graham was off sick.....

Something about monkeys!.. ( a current trend on here!)

Pure laziness stops me changing back to something more sensible....

Correct that leaving the profile out is a bit cowardice, but then, it's just a web site!... you'll find out who the wind up merchants are and who to go for when you need good solid advice!...

Welcome to FM by the way!

R

Richard Huggett 1

There's a lot of puzzled people in Rochester.

'why am I here?'
'where am I?'
'Who's that?'
'is that me....?'

R

Ron Troversial Clay

One thing I can assure you all is that my good friend James is the genuine Jimbo -Jim Gibbinson, who is one of my mentors.

As for myself, my name is Ronald Edward Clay of Rotherham, born in Sheffield of Nottinghamshire parents who grew up at High Marnham-on-Trent.

I have the River Trent in my blood and don't mind saying so.

My ancestor, on my Mother's side of the family, one - John Adcock, probably fished with JW Martin at Dunham Dubs and Laneham in the mid Victorian period.

I'm proud of that.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
And I am Baz. Born in the county of Cheshire. I can't go anywhere without going over a canal bridge within two miles of where I live, so I suppose I live on an island. Don't know who my ancestor was, it was probably some kilted banshee from further up north. And that makes me a Sassanack.

jp

Reaction score
........and I'm a tin of Spam, I come from a long line of tins.

F

Fred Bonney

...me I'm just a lawnmower,you can tell by the way I walk!

Ergo

Reaction score
Just don't worry about nicknames too much. It really doesn't matter what you are called. It does matter to a certain degree what people think of you. If you are called Fred, Wally, Limpet or Ergo, where did that one come from?

Well I have had it for many years, but originally Descartes. I think, therefore I am. Therefore = Ergo ;)

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
John notes:
"........and I'm a tin of Spam, I come from a long line of tins"

So John, I reckon that "I think therefore I am" has to become "I'm pink, therefore I'm Spam" in your case?

:)

jp

Reaction score
I'd forotten that little quip Peter, seems to fit the bill admirably.

Are you going to change your handle to "Tackle Tart"

G

Grey Tangler

There, done it. Can't say I thought of it but thought it was clever anyway.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Grey, that reminds of a not so good angler I knew who came from the far east. He was known as Poo Rangler. He had a mate called Wan Kangler.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
John,

Apart from when I was called "turnips" at school because I was the only one who would eat them I have never really had a nickname.

Although, as you so rightly say, and as I readily confess, then "Tackle Tart" would seem quite apt :)

I used to be a member of a very small English Angling club in Norway where they all had nicknmaes except me.

Names like: "Wimper" "Coppo" "Knobber" and "The Moose" being the ones I remember particularly.
And if any of the above are looking in, then Hi from plain old Peter :)

J

Jeff (Cheeky Monkey) Woodhouse

"As for myself, my name is Ronald Edward Clay" So "Troversial" isn't really your name either Ron?

I'm getting right confused. Grey Tangler is "Coops" really, JP is a tin of Spam, Ergo is Eric Giles, MaNick is Nick Austin.

You can't have "Tackle Tart" Peter. I have that in reserve along with Tommy Barr and Justin Thyme, Lou Rolls to mention three.

Tom Vahey

Reaction score
Some of us would rather forget our real names, yours

Duncan Disorderly.