Is the BBC at it again?

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
John,
The programme I listened to was Greater Manchester Radio, wher ethe presenter really put people down who said there was nothing wrong with angling. He was acting like a school bully, and freely admits that he is against angling. When a person phones in and speaks for angling, he continually interupts them and shouts them down, thereby not allowing them to speak freely. That is what I complained about.

J

John Lock

Sorry Baz, I was referring to Phil's points. Your complaint seems more justified. We've got one of those 'Shock Jocks' here on London radio. He too rubbishes anyone who doesn't agree with him (though to be fair I haven't heard him voice any opinion on angling).

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
John,
My other point is that both these programmes were the BBC. So even if the discussion was five minuets or as in my case over a couple of hours, it doesn't matter. The BBC are giveing angling bad publicity throughout, and it all counts.
When thing hot up, which they will do eventually, then even more people will hear their unfounded remarks.
So by hopefully making the BBC tow the line now, it will give them less of a say in the future, and force them to give a more balanced view under the charter.

N

Nigel Moors 2

The new Hugh Miles series is looking to get terrestrial TV airing rather than going out on DH&L. What chance of it going out on the BBC? IMHO Ch4 would be best.

P

Phil Hackett 2

Nigel
A dog?s chance. And that is no chance on the BBC!

John
I hear what you say but I don't agree with it. I personally take Baz view.

There are lots of things I'll like to say in response to your post but can't, due to confidentiality of soused information.

Lets just say the threat from within the BBC is real and not perceived.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Phil I think this is the quote --but you got it a little wrong
It was Pastor Martin Niem?ller?s lines about moral failure in the face of the Holocaust
'First they came for the Communists, but I was not a Communist, so I said nothing. Then they came for the Social Democrats, but I was not a Social Democrat, so I did nothing. Then came the trade unionists, but I was not a trade unionist. And then they came for the Jews, but I was not a Jew, so I did little. Then when they came for me, there was no one left to stand up for me.'

P

Phil Hackett 2

Ed you may be right, the message is the same though!
Do nothing to defened your sport (in our case) against attack, and they will see it as a sign of weakness.