Ozz?s Unwanted Carp Heading for Britain

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
To me it would be the same as going to a stock pond to catch a two pound roach.
Something I could, but will not do.
I want one that has lived and grown in a river in this country. They are a lot harder to get, and the wait would be well worth it.

R

Ron Troversial Clay

If you are a real angler Baz, that's what it's all about.

I have caught, in my life, some very big stewpond reared rainbow trout. It went out to catch them because at the time I thought that I might at least have a go.

However stewpond reared rainbow trout only live a few years and if you catch one you invariably kill it.

But they will never equal the wild trout, most of them browns, that have grown on naturally and have been bred of the waters that I have caught them in.

And they have been only a fraction of the size of the stewpond reared whoppers.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It would be interesting to know what our carp lads off this forum thought about it.

L

Les Clark

Baz, as a "carp lad" ,I have allready put my veiw forward,3rd posting.

N

Nigel Moors 2

How can we need these fish? There are now hundreds of pools around the country that are packed to the limit with bloody carp, can't those that need them take some of them.

The world's gone mad...

R

Ron Troversial Clay

That's it then. I hope the message of this thread gets through to the people involved. We don't need these Australian fish. Best thing the Aussies can do is either bury them or turn them into fish meal.

I hope the Australians do eventually rid their land of carp. Then we can go there and catch some real Australian species like Murray Cod and Barramundi.

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
I think its an excellent idea and look forward to welcoming them into our carp hungry land.

I think it's about time they stopped killing them off in OZ and gave them to a country who'lL give them the respect they deserve.

Great thinking, great angling - BRING IT ON!

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
A nice pristine 50lb import that you aint gotta go to France for! Any idea as to when this is going to start happening? what venues etc Ron?

R

Ron Troversial Clay

If I catch one on the Trent it will get the Aussie treatment.

You will be able to recognise them by the corks hanging from the gill plates

T

The Monk

I wouldnt worry about these Aussie carp imports, with all the Eastern Europeans immigrating into Britain at the moment, the Aussie carp will make an excellent meal for them and might encourage them to leave our swans off their menu?

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I can see it now.
Hordes of carp lads bivvied up on the Trent, haveing barbeques.

T

The Monk

a carp muffin and chips please

actually carp are very nutrious, I wonder if I can sell a few down at the gym?

C

Cakey

saying "not another barbel" and chucking it in the bushes behind !

R

Ron Troversial Clay

One top carp angler I do respect is Terry Hearn.

In his latest piece in UK Carp News - he says: "You can keep them down under"

"As far as I'm concerned, fishing for 60 pounders that have just got off the plane is the equivalent of hunting tigers in a safari park."

HERE HERE!!!

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I wonder how many people will refuse to fish waters that will accept these imports?
And what type of angler will want to be the first with his photo in A.T.

T

The Monk

the problem with omivorous species like the carp is that they eat everything, eventually wiping out indignous sps and turning the smaller waters into nothing more than a mud hole full of stunted carp

is this what carp anglers now want in Britain?