Ozz?s Unwanted Carp Heading for Britain

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Fishing for easy target chub and barbel on the trent is like shooting fish in a bucket Ron.

"One top carp angler I do resepect is Terry Hearn" - now I bet he sleeps well at night knowing that mate!

I hope the bait you use on the trent when targeting the 'easy fish' is far better than this Ronnie?

Come on mate, is that all you got love?

R

Ron Troversial Clay

For "easy" fish say "proper" fish.

You know why Stuart and I'm not going into that now.

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
come on Ron, they are easy and in abundance, thats why you target easy fish. In your time of life I don't blame you either mate.

But being serious for a moment, I think we should turn to the farmers who are struggling with making money out of crops and ask them to get behind this scheme. If we could get farmers to dig out fields to the water table and then let settle for a year or so, stock them with these imports and give them a better safer home and then allow them to charge the right money for a commercial fishery then bring it on. Lets face it, its only the carp anglers that are holding the fishing industry up at the moment so we should get out our fair share of carp and carp fisheries.

Don't you agree?

B

Big Rik

it's just the same as the massive amounts of carp imported from Europe.
Maybe CEFAS have recognised that Australian carp aren't subject to, or likely to catch the myriad of diseases that European carp can and do contract.

Big carp will always be imported to this country, why such a hue and cry over where they are coming from?

Better to get the green light from CEFAS than smuggled in across the channel.

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
"You know why Stuart and I'm not going into that now."

sorry, not going into what right now? please explain?

M

Mel Crighton

And only last week it was fast growing carp from Kent 40lb plus in 8 years was it? now we have surplus carp from oz what next will it be Beluga sturgeon from Russia ??????

C

Chris Bishop

I agree with Rik up to a point - but do we really want or need more carp..?

I don't agree with the wholesale butchering that goes on and am surprised anglers over there haven't come to enjoy them as a quarry.

You wonder what's next though - are we going to export some zander from the Fens in a contra-deal..?

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Wer?e not going to have a choice in the matter any how, so we might as well look on the bright side of things.
The Realtree Camo Company can now go into full production with their Roo Skin Pants and Joey Jackets. Finished in real XXXX design.
They make more profit, and Oz gets rid of more vermin.

B

Big Rik

the amount of northern, river only, purer than driven snow, bigotted, uneducated, loudmouthed zealots on here that comment on areas that they have either no knowledge of or just bandwagon jump with the majority of other simpletons makes me chuckle.

If Ron thinks that CEFAS will read this thread and change their mind, then he's more senile than I thought him to be.

L

Les Clark

Rik,reading your posting,I would say that you have a fuxxing high opinion of yourself,and a low opinion of everybody else,what make`s you the expert on this subject all of a sudden?
We all are giveing our veiw`s rightly or wrongly,Ron,me and the rest.
I thought the idea of a forum was debate,not to get slagged off by somebody who think`s he know`s it all.

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
If you honestly thought that this particular thread was set up to encourage healthy debate, then you must be on drugs!!!

Hook line and sinker..........

R

Ron Troversial Clay

If anyone wants to call me a senile, bigotted, uneducated, loud mouthed, Northern traditionalist old fart of an indigeous species seeking river angler, they are perfectly entitled to do so.

I am proud to be called thus.

"Sticks and stones..... etc."

Neil Howard 4

Reaction score
ITS NOT BAITBOX. I think the best thing to do is ask why. 12000 miles by air for a few fish? 1 a new food 2 fishmeal 3 fish oil 4 medical science? Some how cant see Bair Brown and Bush in a bivvy can you?

J

John Lock

Brilliant Neil. It 'could' be fish oil. North Sea oil is running out and they're bound to be desperately looking for a new source. How many miles per carp does your car do? And what about those fish that communicate by farting? Herrings isn't it? Could be a new source of natural gas. I'm off to the patent office before you lot beat me to it.