waterproof camera cases

Jim Gibbinson

Reaction score
I like the idea of a waterproof case that enables the camera to be used while still inside the case - an obvious benefit when wanting to take a trophy-pic while rain is bucketing down. But if the requirement is simply for a waterproof/dustproof case while the camera is in a ruck-sack, why not do as I've done for many years and carry it in a snap-lid Tupperware type sandwich box? In addition to being waterproof and dustproof, a sandwich box is crush-proof; and if lined with soft sponge-foam, is shock-proof, too.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Jim, I've done the same for many years but, as you say, the Aquapac case is good for taking shots when it's raining without having to keep the camera under a brolly.

T

The Monk

I`ve been using fitted raincoats for taking pictures in the rain, these fit around the camera body but leave the lense free and still allow you to fit the camera on a tripod.

C

Chris Bishop

Don't see how you're going to get a sharp pic through one of these case things, it'll surely make the AF on the camera hunt if it's raining.

Brollies, coats, cars, carrier bags - they all come in handy.

Fr worse than a few drops of rain is getting your kit damp and fungus forming on your lenses.