River Colne

W

Wolfman Woody

You mean Denham area, or Gerrards X's bit in Uxbridge, the Island as it's known?

J

John Cady 2

Either i guess.Have you ever met Adrian Smith on the bank.

W

Wolfman Woody

Can't say his name rings a bell.

I used to be a member of GX up to a couple of years ago. The Island can be nice, but for me it needs a lot of work on its with weed clearing. Some days you go and get a decent catch and on others you won't see a fish. Typical river I suppose.

If you like the Colne have you considered Ruislip's section or Yiewsley's bit. Email me and I'll try to give you directions. Both these are in the TVAA that has 4 stretches of the Thames around Maidenhead and now the Jubilee River.

Paul Hicks

Reaction score
I used to fish the Boyers bit either side of the A40M. Handful of big barbel and some pike to low doubles below the weir, BIG dace just above it (i.e. 10-12oz esp. on caster) lots of chub to 3lb and one or two very big perch.

Paul Hicks

Reaction score
Yes, near the (Anoopam?) Hindu mission, a couple of miles upstream of Uxbridge. The river goes under the road - the weir is about 250 yds downstream of the road bridge. Nice stretch of river, lots of species but the thing that sticks most in my mind is the dace - whoppers!

L

Laurie Harper

If you go upstream of the A40 - into the country park - it looks v. nice. Was there a few years back, scouting for new places to fish. Signs said Uxbridge Rovers AC. Never followed it up, though.