Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ron The Hat Clay View Post
    I've got a second edition!
    I am after the very first edition - signed of course.
    Get it Ron, send it to me, I'll alter the inner leaf to read 1st edition etc., and I'll sign it for you. Frank has the first production version of the MkIV carp rod and it had no official transfer so Dick personally signed it for him, I can copy that!

"To my best mate, Ron.
    Best fishes - Dick."

How's that?
    "I care not what others think of what I do, but I care very much about what I think of what I do! That is character!" - Theodore Roosevelt

Blog Entries

I am after the very first edition - signed of course. The one with the chapter on trout. The one with the photo of the huge Eastern European carp and the 5lb Dutch "roach" which was in fact a hybrid.
    I have that one Ron. And signed. Unfortunately not by the author though :-)
    So many cormorants.... so few recipes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by geoffmaynard View Post
    I have that one Ron. And signed. Unfortunately not by the author though :-)
    At auction and depending on the condition, that should be worth £500.00. It would be worth more if it had Walker's signature.

By the way, when you ask an author to sign a book, DO NOT ask he or she to write a message to the owner. It actually reduces the price. A simple signature is all that is required.

However if the message is to a notable person such as Royalty, the aristocracy, or a person of note (not pop singers or footballers), then this could increase the value of the book considerably.

However seeing that most pop singers and footballers can't read, I doubt if the above scenario would ever present itself.

Durham City, Co Durham ... STILL The Land of The Prince Bishops

The new CSG book 'Chevin' is currently doing the rounds for signatures (did I mention the new book before) and although I'm sure my signature wont add much to the value there are about 30-40 copies (all numbered) that I and a few other contributors will not be signing

I recently saw a copy of the first CSG book 'Chub' being advertised at over £400 on a web site. I did hear someone had bought over 200 at £2-50 from the publishers when they thought they wouldn't sell.

I have a BV Freshwater Fishing, picked up for £2 from a market stall. I had to haggle though as the guy wanted £3.

However seeing that most pop singers and footballers can't read,
    Is that a fact Ron or simply a sweeping statement based on your snobbish prejudices?
    PaSC Junior Development Officer ><((((°>

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cholmondeley-Corker (PaSC) View Post
    Is that a fact Ron or simply a sweeping statement based on your snobbish prejudices?
    Yes, very much so!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234